Why would someone who broke up with you try to make you jealous?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex wife did this. Even going as far as sending me "accidental" texts that were meant for the guy she left me for. It didn't work, made me more thankful that she left!

Some people are just narcissistic. If they see their actions are not effecting you like they think it should, they will go out of their way to try and create the reaction they were looking for.

Don't give it the time of day and find yourself someone who is worthy of you.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So you don't lose feelings over them so they can get a ego boost off it or have you as optional if it don't work out with someone else. Completely ignore

1|0
    0|0
    • Cause if they still wanted you they wouldn't have broken up with you in the first place

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• Sound like they wanna engage a game. For a 25 + yo, i find it quite dishonorable. Words will go around for him.

The message is mostly "look, i have a better life now." But that would hurt you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Man/boys, they don't try to make a girl jelous, it's never a man's trait, it simply means the person has moved on, or trying alternate options to move on in life and want to heal his emotional state with the company of other girl (s)

0|0
    1|1
  • The question is really simple and open to interpretation. There could be many reasons, would you care to elaborate on some specifics of the relationship and how it ended?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because theyre lashing out trying to hurt you mentally ignore it causes love or past relationships make everybody act weird making bad decisions and not thinking through there actions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Could be an accident? Not saying it is, but the human mind loves patterns and connections. You gotta be absolutely sure they're trying to make you jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they may not want you you but they don't want anyone else to have you either. They are possessive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I don't think you really lose feelings for a person you were so close with. They are always going to care what you think! so of course they want to try and impress you (aka make you jealous)

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably regret breaking up with you and are now trying to get you to dislike them so they have a reason to in turn dislike you. OR you're reading too much into the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are not over you or want you back or maybe both

0|1
    0|0
  • Could be that they wanna get back with you. So by trying to make you jealous they actually want you to instigate that getting back part.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's in our nature.
    You often want things you can't have. He can't have you anymore, so he wants to make you jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that person was open to you at some point, and they feel vulnerable and weak so they make you feel weaker for wanting them back

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like it's because they themselves can't get over the relationship and want you to regret the breakup as much as they do

0|0
    0|0
  • They still have some feelings not enough to be in a relationship but enought to care what you think.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's because that hasn't yet got over u or even still loves you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once they start missing you, they try to make you jealous to get back into the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • They still care about your feelings or they want you to hurt because they're hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Or they still love you or they wanna be the better one

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they know they lost something good and seek confermation they got better

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they aren't trying... maybe you just are super jealous

0|0
    0|2
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Nope that another dumb question.

1|0
    0|0
  • To show you what you are missing or to make you feel bad
    Also to show you that they have moved on and no longer love you

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think it's a standard thing isn't it... we all want our ex to know how great we are doing without them

0|0
    0|0
  • 1-Deep down their heart, they still love you. And they want your attention.
    2-They are just jealous that you're happy without them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that person still have some feelings for you

0|0
    0|0
  • They may realize that they had made a mistake and they want to get you back and maybe they don't know what to say so they may try to make you jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • They prob want to see if you still care, mostly or they’re just assholes trying to hurt you, depends how things went

0|0
    0|0
  • he wants u back.. I had an ex who did that. ofcourse I said no. and laughed. best feeling ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly attention... who cares?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he's a man.

0|0
    0|1
  • Because they want to feel powerful and important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • He still likes u gurl

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that want them to have a reaction

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes