Do you feel most people in relationships and marriages give up too quickly when things get difficult or tough?

Being with someone is not supposed to be easy all of the time and being frustrated, angry, and irritated is normal sometimes especially as the time being in the relationship increases. Humans are complex creatures and whenever you are living with another, disagreement and problems are bound to occur. I feel like people do not try absolutely everything in their power to salvage their relationships even though the majority of problems can be treated through effort.

1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe most people give up too easily, at least not the people I know. Depends on age, really. The older you get, the less likely of splitting up over dumb stuff. I spent 5 years with a guy trying to work out problems that were there from the beginning, and you can only fix something if both people are willing to work on it!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you to an extend.

This is actually one of the very reasons that we see numerous relationship failures and divorces nowadays. The problem starts with inability to define love, impatience to see a result and lack of courage to face the problems. Selfishness and lack of commitment is also part of the circle.

Because of these lacks; people don't become invested in the relationship. Nowadays what most people want in a relationship is just piece of cake of wasting time and mostly they define everything through sex. A life full of objectification and unrealistic expectations. Everything must come easy in a frame of irresponsibility and they call it freedom.

Then; as soon as there comes the hardships and making sacrifices, everyone get to feel cold and departed. No one wants to take the first step. Ego covers everyone. No one dare to accept their mistake and they prefer to find someone else to waste another fairtale time with instead of solving the issues with bravery and commitment. Changing the whole house because one bulb doesn't work. Which is very sad and most likely immature.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• If you are looking for a way to resolve a situation. And the partner makes no effort to communicate or show you with their actions that they still wish to be with you. Then most people jump ship, they don't hold on thinking it will work itself out. That would be ridiculous. That's why relationships don't work, lack of respect and poor communication with the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • But then, people are really becoming less faithful these days. On the other hand, now people don't tolerate any kind of injustice or abuse like how people did in past. So it's both good and bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, people should talk about things and try work through stuff and not just give up without a fight.

0|0
    0|0
  • But people don’t have to want to insist. Sometimes insisting is the wrong thing to do. And that’s okay too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. People have too many expectations upon entering a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah they give up too quickly as like they don't put much effort into it

0|1
    0|0
  • absolutely. people have to be open minded to growing when they get married

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Seems to me that about half do

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. They don't try to fix things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It's call inpatients.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• I do think many people give up too easily
    They do not wish to compromise
    You see it in how they approach it in the first place they have lists of criteria that must met as if they are hiring for a job in which they are the boss and who can and will fire the other if job performance is not up to spec...
    Many people are arrogant and have a highly inflated opinion of themselves and their worth
    So they do often not try very hard they don't thi k they should have to

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of people sadly do. Difficult times come and go but sometimes certain kinds of people just decide the grass is greener on the other side then leave. Those are the kinds of people that have regrets down the road or they'll just never stay happy with what they have.

Having said that, there are indeed some valid reasons for ending a relationship (abuse, cheating, etc.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I feel like people do give it up too easily.. They don't see things goin they way, or they way they expect them to and they just run.. The last girl I saw did just that.. LOL.. At least wit me..

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem is (lack of) real love or loyalty.
    "And some seed fell on stony ground, and sprang up immediately. But when the sun rose, they were scorched, and since they had no roots anyway, they shriveled up."

0|0
    0|0
    • The same thing happens when people rush into a relationship and not allow sufficient time to get to know each other.

• In my experience with my Fiancee It feels like individual battles can be given up upon sometimes rather easily. but the overall relationship is never given up upon. My Fiancee and I have had an Issue around the beginning of the year with me feeling insecure and jealous because she was talking to other men online (Sexually). she said it was because I lacked Passion, and she needed to fill that void. she gave up the battle easily and turned to this instead of letting me know how she felt and what she was going to do if I didn't pick up the slack. she didn't communicate a problem to me. but when it got so bad that it was causing daily problems/struggles and I finally told her how it made me feel we agreed, solved the problem together and became stronger. The Relationship itself is never given up on, even if little things do. the overall picture is still extremely important to the both of us.

0|0
    0|0
    • She should have brought it up before she cheated, lol.

• Show All
    • Well you said she talked to them sexually. Think about it, most women would freak out if you did the same thing. Why does she get a free pass?

• @Juxtapose She said our relationship was lacking, so she picked up the slack by getting what I wasn't giving her from talking to other men. she said I wasn't paying enough attention and that I lacked the Drive and Passion she wants (especially for only being a 25 year old woman)

• I do. But there is no real reason to fight for a relationship because we are interconnected. We can find someone else "better" why fight for it seems to be the general consensus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because today most people don't wanna take any burden in a relationship and when they find things getting out of hand then they just give up without making it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't speak for others, but I tried to make things work before I got divorced. Long story short, it wasn't meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in an open relationship, no problem at all. Not much effort required

0|1
    0|1
  • no shit OP, lets work this out, I LOVE YOU!!!

LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like it statistics show half of married couples divorce and the number seems to be rising

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the divorce rate has gone up a lot...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, a lot of them do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I often feel people don't give up easy enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for sure it's as if no-one cares anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like this

0|0
    0|0
  • yes they do