Do you feel most people in relationships and marriages give up too quickly when things get difficult or tough?

Being with someone is not supposed to be easy all of the time and being frustrated, angry, and irritated is normal sometimes especially as the time being in the relationship increases. Humans are complex creatures and whenever you are living with another, disagreement and problems are bound to occur. I feel like people do not try absolutely everything in their power to salvage their relationships even though the majority of problems can be treated through effort.

1220

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe most people give up too easily, at least not the people I know. Depends on age, really. The older you get, the less likely of splitting up over dumb stuff. I spent 5 years with a guy trying to work out problems that were there from the beginning, and you can only fix something if both people are willing to work on it!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you to an extend.

This is actually one of the very reasons that we see numerous relationship failures and divorces nowadays. The problem starts with inability to define love, impatience to see a result and lack of courage to face the problems. Selfishness and lack of commitment is also part of the circle.

Because of these lacks; people don't become invested in the relationship. Nowadays what most people want in a relationship is just piece of cake of wasting time and mostly they define everything through sex. A life full of objectification and unrealistic expectations. Everything must come easy in a frame of irresponsibility and they call it freedom.

Then; as soon as there comes the hardships and making sacrifices, everyone get to feel cold and departed. No one wants to take the first step. Ego covers everyone. No one dare to accept their mistake and they prefer to find someone else to waste another fairtale time with instead of solving the issues with bravery and commitment. Changing the whole house because one bulb doesn't work. Which is very sad and most likely immature.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE