What possible reason could my ex have for continuously reminding me she still exists?

I was with a woman for about a year and I thought it was going great. I loved her. One weekend, she disappeared, and I didn't hear from her for months. She eventually contacted me to tell me she didn't want to be with me, and I cut all contact because it hurt too much to just stay friends. Recently, though, I've seen her popping up on social media--liking a comment I made on someone's status, a picture I posted, commenting on someone's post that she knows I'll see. What possible motivation could she have for this? Is she trying to remind me she still exists to hurt me? Is she trying to get me to talk to her? Is it all just a coincidence? It's driving me insane because I still miss her terribly and because of her, I have trouble dating new people. To wake up and see her face again after trying so hard to forget her is hell.
1
0