We were engaged, had a baby recently, and then he left me but still wants to be in our baby's life.. how can I cope?

Seeing him still is very hard for me. He was the love of my life and we planned for more children and our future together. He left because all we would do is argue after I gave birth and was a major communication barrier. I can't stop crying. He's here right now and I just wanna say something about how I feel but he always says I'm lying or I have a ulterior motive so I just don't say anything anymore.. how can I cope with this slap of reality?

417

Most Helpful Guy

• He's still the father. If he's not a bad dad then you can't do much but bite the bullet or be spiteful about it

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm not gonna and I have been spiteful about it. I love him.. don't want to hurt him or my daughters relationship.

• I asked him about a sister wife and he ignored me but then later wanted to talk more about it. I'm not down with that stuff because he wouldn't be down if there was a male involved. Difference between your relationship and mine is your wife probably communicates with you and vice versa.

• We're working on it

Most Helpful Girl

• It's so common you picture this perfect family then sleepless nights exhaustion and no time for each other happens I think hormones are a part of it and a lot of guys don't understand he's obviously keen to be a good dad remember to acknowledge to positives and maybe with a bit of space you might communicate better hope things get easier even if you don't get back together try to work together to be the best parents possible

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE