How long did it take you to move on?

I broke up with my ex 3 months ago and we lived together and everything. Im still inlove with him but i want to move on and i believe i am ready. there's this guy that I've been talking to and he just wants a friends with benefits kinda thing and so do i. but im scared if im with him ill chicken out and he'll hate me. he's very attractive and i want to have sex with him but everytime he says lets hangout or something i say no or make up an excuse
Any advice?How long did it take you to move on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Over 7 months and I'm still waiting. I'm still lost. Although we tried several times I know in my heart there is no hope for reconciliation.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Nothing gets you over the last one like getting under the next one. Make a date with the new guy. Get it out of your system. The ex is an ex for a reason. Let him go and move on to a new relationship that you want

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it took like about a yeah, yeah a year. It's crazy but it's true. I was walking around telling myself I didn't like the guy when in reality i of course did.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Then why not do it? why make excuses?
    You only live once
    Enjoy it

1|0
    0|0
  • I moved on but, i still have a part that loves her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have waited 9 yr since my wife died. I am just now starting to look

1|0
    0|0
  • Here's my opinion and hope it helps. You need to go away on vacation. Going to a foreign place and being immersed in a new culture will, at the very least, get your mind off your former partner. You'll meet people who just want to have a good time. I hope your find what you're looking for.

As for the guy who want friends with benefits, he'll always be there. Take this time for yourself, clear your conscience, and enjoy life. Men are 99% down to have sex on a whim. It's who we are, so there no need to rush and get involved following a break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • My last divorce has taken me 12 years to get past. I'm moving on now and looking for a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I never moved on after 8 years me and my ex are getting back together. Thank you Dr. Reid H.

0|0
    0|0
  • Took me like 5 months

1|0
    0|0
  • 3 weeks for me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him how you're feeling and be open about your struggle. If he's there for you then I would say its safe to pursue a relationship. I would make sure to consider his feelings and thoughts throughout the process, so both of you feel comfortable with the situation. If you feel like he can help you out of this situation, I say go for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why’d you break up?

0|0
    0|0
  • A year

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes