My fiance broke it off. Should I expect to get the ring back?

When I proposed to my fiance I used my great grandmother's ring. She recently told me she was cheating on me and didn't want to be with me anymore. Is it reasonable to expect to get the ring back, should I ask for it back or is it gone for good?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• By law you are entitled to have it back seeing as it was given as part of an agreement to be engaged and get married.

4|4
    0|1
  • I think you should ask for it to get the ring back since it's your great grandmother's ring and for that it really is a precious ring since it passed down through generation.

0|2
    0|0
  • If she were a decent person she would have given it back herself. I think you should ask for it back if you still can, since it is from your great grandmother.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should expect to get it back, especially given the fact that it’s a family heirloom. Also, she’s the one who broke it off 😔

0|0
    0|0
  • YESSSS!!! If you were the one cheating, then no reason to give it back. She needs to return it to you. And if she doesn't, sue her for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she won't give it back, get the police involved.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's your great grans, she better bring it back...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u need to get the ring back that not her that is your ring

0|1
    0|0
  • I would try to get it back since she cheated she doesn't need it.

0|1
    0|0

• Tell her scally wag ass she needs to give you that ring back because she doesn't deserve it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask it back!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, technically - its a gift. So its hers. However, if its your grandmas ring, you can ask her to give it back. Its up to her

0|1
    3|4

What Guys Said 32

• Get it back, the ring is a promise, she can't keep the promise she can't keep the ring

1|1
    0|0
  • You need to ask for it back bro. That's a family ring and some thot like that shouldn't have it

1|4
    0|0
  • Id suggest you politely ask her for a return and tell her that its your grandmas ring and you gave it to her in trust and you would really like to have it back now that you broke up.
    if she is a decent human being this will work

0|0
    0|0
  • You should ask for it back. That's a family heirloom... did you tell her that it was your great grandmother's?

0|1
    0|0
  • 100% ask for it back. If she has any human decency (although by the sounds of things she might not) she'll return it to you.

0|1
    0|0
  • You had better believe you should get that ring back. That ring had a purpose now that at purpose is no longer there you should damn well get your ring back before she pawns it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you paid for it. And you gave it as an obligation for her to commit to you. If she didn't commit, she doesn't get to keep the ring. It is your property.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ur grandmother's ring you should definitely get it back

0|1
    0|0
  • Get it back! You proposed, she said yes and cheated afterwards on you? She should have thought about that earlier... go for it.. after all it is for a special woman and not a cheating bitch after all!

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, in fact there is a legal presidence that says that the ring is a contractual agreement to be married and if they don't follow through then the ring is to be returned.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask for it back and check the laws for your state. You may have the legal right to fight for the ring. Some states do consider the engagement ring a gift and thus lost property though.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should ask her to return it. If she refuses you could ask a lawyer.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are supposed to ask it back,
    and if she does not returns it, you can file up an complaint to cops...

0|0
    0|0
  • If you bought it then i would say let it go. But family ring you need to get it back asap before she pawns it

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% get the ring back. Go back and take it if needs be.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get that shit man, if it's your great grandmother's then you deserve it. She dropped you so the least she can do is give back your heirloom.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should tell her that you want it back because it has emotional value for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You SHOULD ask for it back; it's an heirloom. But don't expect to get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get your heirlooms back, and forget everything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she wanted to end it, she should give it back

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes