My boyfriend is cheating, what do I do?

I have been very up front and honest from the get go. He is cheating with multiple women. When I confronted him about it, he denied it of course. I said if that is what you like to do then go for it, but that is not me that is not what I want from a relationship. He has a bs in psychology and I just really disturbing to me. What is it that contributes to someone being so evil, when all they have to do is be honest?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been cheated on, but I also understand what the term evil means. I've never seen people who cheat as evil... That word is more reserved for Hitler.

I'm by no means condoning what he did, but let's look at what cheating is. Ultimately it's a cry for help. They are not happy with the relationship or themselves. They have this feeling of something that, they have no idea what it is, is wrong with them. Someone else comes along and takes this pain away and sex and/or a faux relationship is for some reason, that even they can't figure out, a way out an escape if you will. Is this wrong, well honestly that's relative. Is this evil, really evil? No. We're human beings we have faults and some pains are so great internally, some people need any escape they can get.

He's not a bad person, he's not the antichrist. Perhaps he is a bad person FOR you of that I have no doubts. But at least you know this now. Try spending 30 to 40 years of your life in a sham of a marriage that you give everything you have and I mean more than you currently have for another person and think of how horrible that would feel to be cheated on. I've seen this story many times, and much much worse in this world.

One thing I've learned is you can't think about other people you have been with. They are not your concern anymore, maybe he will learn from this finally maybe he needs a larger catastrophy to snap him out, who knows. You can only reflect on what you might have done wrong, fix it, and move on. Perhaps this is not a step backward, what if you just shown the world your a strong woman and ready for the right guy to come along? When he does come around I promise you he will know better than to cheat on you, he won't have any need to

• Just a random unrelated note, Hitler wanted world domination and killed many people, but his ultimate goal was a perfect world of happiness for the german people of Germany. You can say it's a foolish idea (due to the nature of mankind appreciating only what's better than worse and not what is "good" because something does not exist without its opposite), but not necessarily evil.

• What makes you think I don't already have that information and still arrive to defining him as evil? What makes you think as well I view evil as a negative word? Evil is essentially what causes good, but once again what causes you to think I view good as a positive word.

Needless to say I do agree with what you say. it's an excellent argument, and for some an awesome debate, I just don't care about such matters lol

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe it makes him feel important or validated or something...That isn't uncommon. Or he could have problems that need a professional's guidance, even if he does have a BS in it himself! It's not a stereotype that many people go into such a field because of their own demons..!

• More disturbing is why you continue to stick with this fool. Psychology major? So what. He seems like a text book example of a cheater. Show him the door.

• I think the best answer is simply that a lot of guys want to feel like they are living on the edge and being bad. Either that or he's just too chickensh*t to be upfront about his desires. He probably wants to just casually date girls but feels like that's not socially appropriate so he instead lies to them all like they are his special girl.. If that's the case, find a guy with more balls

What Girls Said 2

• I don't even know why are you still with him. He clearly does not aprecciate you enought , or care about you .

You should leave him, it's best for you :D

• If you know he's cheating, then break it off...