Is this acceptable in a relationship?

Me (21) and my boyfriend (25) have been together for about three years now, and we lived together for almost 2 years. About a year ago, my boyfriend decided that he wanted to take a break from living together, and he would go stay with his mom while I got my own apartment. This was supposed to be temporary, and I didn't like the idea of living apart. A couple days after we moved, we got into a fight and he broke up with me. We ended up getting back together and we we're on and off the the following six months. When we got back together the first time, he told me that his friends and family no longer liked me because of everything that happened. I was devastated, and sobbed the whole drive home from dinner that night. I was always included in everything his family or friends were doing. I really liked his family and it took it personal that they didn't like me. I really beat myself up about it. My boyfriend didn't tell anyone when we we're back together for about 4 or 5 months because he said he was scared his mom would kick him out. He knew that bothered me because I had told him on multiple occasions how I felt. There was even a time that he broke up with me because he "didn't know if his family would ever accept me again". Now, almost a year after we initially moved apart, we've been together for a steady 5 months, and things seem to be going in the right direction. My lease is coming to an end and I was hoping to get a place with him because like I said, living apart was supposed to be temporary. However he has told me he doesn't feel ready which is really disappointing for me. But what really has me conflicted is he told me that he's been lying to me and his family actually really likes me. I'm not sure how to feel because of course I'm relieved to know they don't hate me. But it raises a lot of questions for me. Am I being unreasonable for being upset? Should I just give up on the whole relationship? Or should I just be happy that they don't hate me after all?
Is this acceptable in a relationship?
Add Opinion