I gained weight after being cheated on, I feel so insecure, what can I do?

Before I found out my ex boyfriend had been cheating, I had a fairly consistent workout routine. I had lost nearly 30 pounds and was in really good shape. However, after finding out he cheated, it was hard for me to find motivation to go to the gym and so i stopped going for about 2 months (with an occasional gym session here and there). I began to eat really unhealthy food and gained about 8-10 pounds. I am really devastated by this weight gain, and i hate feeling so insecure about it. My clothes don’t fit how they used to, and although I have been going to the gym again (it’s been nearly 4 months since me and my ex broke up), losing the extra weight is really hard for me. I often find myself getting discouraged and frustrated. I am really mad at myself for letting myself go, and for gaining all this weight. Whenever men give me attention i get really insecure because I just feel fat and bloated all the time.

What can I do? Other than workout to feel better?

614

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you gotta look at it differently. You're taking it out on yourself when in reality you should use that as a motivator. Like screw him, get the best body you've ever had, be happy and realize you don't need him for motivation. Do it for you. You'll be happier in the end. I'm sure you were feeling good before, that doesn't have to change. Ask some friends who may be up for going too.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You can still "workout" but switch up what you do. Take some fun dance classes. Cardio induced and you will feel amazing and its a great confidence boost. If you feel you aren't a dancer... go on YouTube and look up Matt Steffanina dance videos and tutorials he has dance classes for all ages and sizes. I mainly want you to see how fun his classes are.. how there is no judgement and plus his songs are always banging! There are similar classes in gyms or in dance centres with cheap drop in dance fees. You will kill two birds with one stone by trying dance classes. I used to just dance around at home and you would be amazed how much you can lose and what dancing to hype music does for your mood.

But above all my dear you are beautiful...

His cheating says nothing about you... it just shows his character... he showed his ass. He was just blocking who is truly meant for you..

If you need a sholdor... big sis got ya over here *big hugs* stay fierce

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE