Girls, Would you consider this cheating?

Girls would you consider it cheating if the guy you're in a relationship with and/or committed to, told a girl that you don't know (but he does) that he likes her, thinks she's attractive, subtly flirts with her, hugs her every time he sees her and has persistently asked for her number more than once?

FYI...I am NOT with this guy but, I do know someone who is & I was wondering what you guys thought about this.

309

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating or not cheating isn't the point. Respect is the point. Is this man doing everything he can to make a relationship with you a good one: no. If he isn't building a relationship with you, do you honestly think you can build one on your own? Think again. This guy is trouble. There will be a ton of bad guys that will come into your life. The only good thing about it is that it teaches you to appreciate when a good man comes into your life. Chalk this one up to experience.

What Guys Said 9

• It seems like the only reason something hasn't already happened is this other woman hasn't allowed it to. Wanting to cheat, but failing, is still cheating.

Dealbreaker. (Channeling Liz Lemon)

-M

• Yeah. It might as well be cheating because that's what it's going to lead to.

• It depends how your relationship has defined cheating. This goes under "emotional cheating" which is cheating in a way but if both parties are OK with it as long as nothing physical happens than it is not an issue.

The only way you can cheat is to break the rules of your relationship if the rules haven't been set clearly in this regard then it isn't cheating it is just... untrustworthy or something

There I go over thinking something again lol

• I know, I am a dude so according to you I am not qualified to answer but I'll answer anyway: I think he is not totally into you if he did those. You see, with me, when I fell in love, other women would seem to me as men with funny looking clothing and haircuts. But that's just me. I digress...

• Thanks for your answer. I don't mind getting responses from guys. I just specified the question for girls because I thought guys wouldn't be interested in answering the question.

• It's not cheating YET, but that's what it will lead to. The guy might as well be cheating because he's obviously not somebody your friend can trust and if he is this persistent then he's probably gonna go the whole way with this girl if he gets her number.

• as long as it never goes any furthet than that I'd say it's okay and he's just having fun, remember he's coming home to her not this girl he's flirting with. She should also tell him to dial it back, they still wanna hang out that's cool but all the flirting while she's around makes her uncomfortable.

• Yeah. Actions speak louder than words but intentions are important too. And in this case the intention doesn't seem to be good.

• Its not cheating people. If your friend isn't OK with it, that's something between them. But asking for her number and telling your friend implies that he is looking elsewhere for something he's missing in the relationship...

• f*** yeah that's cheating.

What Girls Said 29

• I don't know about cheating, but certainly completely inappropriate and a precursor to cheating. That is not cool.

• YES! there are more than physical ways to cheat on a person. you can cheat with your eyes, your thoughts, your actions and your heart. just remember what all that "flirting" can lead to. your friend needs to run far, far away from this dude before she grabs that shovel and voluntarily buries herself in more crap than one should have to handle emotionally. I see a red flag! and that's what she needs to do...flag that idiot!

• I'm sorry babes he's being a ass...and it's a really messed up situation...as mad as I would be gotta give it to the girl since she denied him, but that's messed up & from what everyone says now you know so now you can better figure out your best move & good luck, know if you like him it'll be a tough one...

• I'm not involved with this guy but, I do know the person who is so that's why I was asking.

• OoOO ok...i didn't know & ouch for the person, I really wish her the best of luck

• I definitely consider that cheating! OMG, seriously! Flirting alone is crossing the lline, asking for the #, hugging her, etc. , is an absolute no-no!

• It's not just hugging though. It's hugging accompanied with flirting and asking for her number, etc. That makes it not just a hug!

• Its not cheating but its leading to it, a good boyfriend definately wouldn't be doing that, and if she knows about that, what's going on behind her back?

• She doesn't know about it. I want to tell her about it but I don't know how to go about it...

• Tell her or send an anonymous message.

• I wouldn't really write that off as cheating,

but it's not respectful to the girlfriend if he's going out there doing that...

I agree with some of the other girls on this too: break up with him if he's doing this.

• cheating ummm I'm ify on that not at this point but I mean if he's doing this and you know it what are you waiting for to have a talk with him and/or leave him? For him to actually physically do something with her! what would you win with cheating anyways than excuse to do the same.. learn from this and just move there's better guys out there that will respect you!

• He is so disrespectful to your friend. Why would he flirt with other girl when he is in a relationship? Flirting in a fun way is quite acceptable but when he ask for her number, now that is something to think about...RED flag!

• I think that's ridiculous and she should let this guy go because he's not serious and he wants to have his cake and eat it too. Come on girls! it's common sense. There are plenty of guys out there.

• I'd consider it emotional cheating. I'd dump him, there is no point in dating a guy who is obviously head over heals for another girl. You deserve better...

• Yes, that's emotionally cheating because they aren't hooking up.

• I don't think this is cheating, but I definately think it could VERY easily turn into cheating. Your friend needs to give this guy an ultimatum: her or me. If he says he "doesn't know" she needs to walk away until he makes up his mind and don't let him string her along.

• I wouldn't really call it cheating, but I think it's close to cheating. He's definitely flirting with her, and that's not good. One thing can lead to another and then he will most likely cheat on the girl with the other girl.

• i would class it as cheating and he is flirting and flirting is a form of cheating in my eyes ... what an ass hole... needs to learn to be a man and realize that he can't always act live a bunch of school kids forever..

• yes it is cheating to me

• I don't know if I'd consider it cheating but I'd break up with him. Why would I want to be with someone who is clearly interested in someone else and most likely willing to cheat? That would make me an idiot.

• yes.

• Dude why is he with you then? Or why do you stay with him.

• Well I tell if he isn't cheating now, he going to VERY soon the signs are there, if he is pursuing her that much think about how much more he is willing to sacrafice the relationship. I'm sorry his butt will get kicked to the curve!

• Yeah, that's cheating

• hell yea he emotionally is no longer 100% invested in the relationship

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! and not only that but' once a cheater, always a cheater.

• unfortunately yes .

• It's not necessarily cheating, but ethically speaking, it's not ok.

• I do! It's cheating with the mind.

• It is cheating.

• Its' considered playing with FIRE

• Yes that's cheating.

If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

Good luck.

• that sounds more like emotional cheating,and that's in my opinion worse the cheating as in hooking up with another girl just for the hell of it...and I would get out fast...if your guy is really falling for another girl that's not good..im sorry to say :(