Have you ever been ghosted instead of getting broken up with?

I was with him for 4 years almost 5. Instead of breaking up with me he deleted or blocked me off facebook and stopped messaging me just left me on read and that was it. It's been almost a full month now since he's last spoke to me.
  • Yes I have.
    Vote A
  • Nope.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have personally done it before although harsh & irrational this choice this decision is, my ghosting was the result of them not acknowledging their wrong doings and tuning me out when I tried to bring up the subject which eventually they started being irrational towards me ways such as both physical and psychological abuse manipulation as well as cheating So I ghosted on them when I received a e-mail containing attachments of screenshots & personal account logins to their frequently used social media accounts

Upon seeing how they truly felt about me after 6 strong years & thick and thin I didn't know what was real anymore had a breakdown and called a friend & ghosted when they went to a eye doctors office and obviously they could sense something was off

So as harsh as this method may be sometimes its seen as a only option to break a cycle of toxicity

5|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ghosted by someone who i was never in a relationship yes, from a partner no. I would be extremely offended if this happened to me in a relationship that I had for 4-5 years, I mean thats immature. You'd think they had more respect or value for you. It can't be forgiven, now a days so many people are attached to their phones and its the simple action of sending one message that can make all the difference.

3|2
    0|0
    • people are much more attached to their phones than relationships. If someone ghosts... really that means they didn't actually care anyhow

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• No, I’m old school. All this social media stuff means to me, is just an interesting outlet, it never will become a substitute for what I consider, my social self with others... I don’t think you should take part of the pie, and dedicate it to social media either, just do what has been done for centuries... throw a shoe at his window in the middle of the night and scream “asshole! Come down here or else I’ll scream”

3|0
    0|0
  • man that is fucked up to be ghosted after 4 years.

i was ghosted after a first date. it wouldn't have been so bad if for our second date we hadn't agreed to go to a pro baseball game which i bought tickets to and drove all the way to the stadium only for her to ghost me

3|0
    0|0
  • No I've been ghosted many time but thats always before I can even get a date with a girl. but Is this seriously what dateings come to the people of generation are such cowards these days we can't even tell someone face to face that we don't wanna see each other anymore scratch that most can't even say it over text its so fucking stupid and disrespectful

2|2
    0|0
  • This makes me mad when guys and girls do this cuz it's immature and pathetic... people need to learn to grow up and learn to communicate

6|0
    0|0
  • Yep I've been there. I met this girl online from the neighbouring city. Though we were not in a relationship, but we were pretty close (or at least i thought so) and use to chat everyday single day and night as if we knew each other for a long time. One day she tells me she can't talk rn and she's going through some trouble. I asked her what trouble and offered help but she said no. That was that and I never heard from her afterwards. She still comes online.

2|0
    0|0
  • No but I did do that in my last relationship. Multiple times. Unfortunately I suck at ghosting so it would just end up being a week or two of us not taking and her messaging me about how much of an ass I am before I'd get bored and give in to see her again (not that I actually cared)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have, I was confused as fuck. But it wasn't that bad, we were only dating 2 months, you were dating 4 years? What a douchebag, you can at least be happy this happened now, and not when you were more serious

3|0
    0|0
  • Wow! I feel for you! Some people are so immature! That's horrible after 4 years though, and he said nothing at all (as far as it being over I mean)?

2|0
    0|0
  • Wow what a spineless coward, never heard of this happening before. Although I don't know the full story, you deserve better by the sounds of it.

4|0
    0|0
  • Let him go. F that, what a prick and pu#%& sorry you're going through that. Let him go. This is one of those times you have to close it without closure.

2|2
    0|0
  • Holy shit!!!
    That is crazy!
    4 years!! damn
    This guy has no bull's lol
    Wait was this a physical relationship or just over the internet?

3|0
    0|0
  • No never happened to me but who would do such a dirt bag thing

4|0
    0|0
  • I think you must have done something incredible is he ghosted you after 4 years of relationship. Didn't you?

1|0
    0|0
  • I have, started talking to a girl just to ask her to prom but I started to like her and after like a month she just ghosted me

2|0
    0|0
  • Normally most men are not like that he seems like a coward

2|1
    0|0
  • Men like him are cowards. It sounds like your probably better off without him.

2|1
    0|0
  • Does learning the truth on Fβ count as being "Guosted?"

1|0
    0|0
  • Just keep breathing , nobody is unexpendable in this reality , eat some pizza if you feel sad , TVE pizza is love

1|0
    0|0
  • why do they do it this matherfuckers I do not understand the shit in their heads

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone don't want to join relation. Leave it immediately.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• I am quite Certain with him Having Ghosted Here, dear, There was Red Flags to Show you He didn't want to be in this Real Relationship Anymore, so He... Rudely closed the Door. Sometimes One is too close to the Situation to See when Someone wants Out. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a boyfriend, but a similar situation. My ex best friend and I used to text all the time and see each other until a really big, bad dispute that put both of us "at war". I've calmed down and everything after a week, and tried texting her, seeing if she was still willing to talk to me, but she just ghosted me plain and simple. Blocked me on any social media that we had together, and now we get on with each other's separate lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am so so sorry. I try to always think, "This is God's way of leading me to the RIGHT guy".. but this is small comfort when you're left with a gaping hole. I'll say a little prayer for you.

Side note though-idk ur situation, but ur a queen and he should've locked you down before 4-5 years had passed!

1|0
    0|0
  • Normally you ghost people that you do not know very well and you do not care but 4 years is really long to ghost someone.
    I ghosted some after first date for example. Sometimes it is too much to make an explanation. No need drama. But in your case many things have been shared.
    Keep going , try to focus on your life all I can say. It hurts but yeah there is nothing to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep, then he tried to talk to me like nothing happened.

You deserve more. The trash took itself out🙃

3|2
    0|0
  • Thats totally unconscionable to just abandon someone whom you know has feelings for you and u for them at least once. Being conscientious to one another is ALL we really have that actually might work in the long run.

1|0
    0|0
  • LOL WHAT THE FUCK? Do the same. Unless you want an explanation in which case go get it , otherwise pfff who needs fuckers in their lives. 🤷😬

1|1
    0|0
  • Sorry to hear that. It's the pussies way out as far as I'm concerned.

2|2
    0|0
  • He sounds like an a hole and I haven’t been ghosted by a boyfriend, but I have with friends. It’s a really rude thing to do

1|2
    0|0
  • Those kinds of people are clearly not ready for a serious relationship. He probably didn't want to hurt your feelings, but then again that's not really an excuse

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that happened to me once just move on he is immature and a coward.. you will find someone much better i promise you

1|0
    0|0
  • Could something of happened that may of made him do that? Like he thought you were cheating or he was actually cheating? To do that to someone you have been with for so long is pretty messed up!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes the last person I was with did that then was straight into a relationship with someone else

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm so sorry that happened to you. Ghosting is cowardice most of the time unless your safety is involved.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think after 4 years its a shit thing to do... but if im being honest I hate confrontation so I ghost when its still early :/

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean 4 years? Could send a message or something. You deserve better

• Yes I have... It was after a short relationship tho

1|0
    0|0
  • Kinda it was after a year though. He just moved and didn’t tell me.

1|0
    0|0
  • U say whatever u feel like and let him read and if u feel better then u too block him. And never let him come back again

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost 5 years and he couldn't just break up with you instead of ghosting you? He's a dick

1|0
    0|0
  • By someone I had briefly dated, but not a long term relationship like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes