How soon should you date after a break up?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Heal first, meaning to the point that the person doesn’t cross you’re mind and you’re day dreaming about what would it be if you guys were back together. Once you’re open minded and understand what caused the break up in the first place than you’ll start to accept it as the day goes by. If we immediately jump into anything else after a break up we’ll be acting on unfinished emotions from the last situation we just got out of.

I wouldn’t give myself a chance to heal and when another individual comes along I would immediately give my feelings, time, and attention. Not because I’m not interested but I mainly got involved for my emotions to be mended by someone else’s attention that they give me.

Take time to yourself and I’m not saying to not automatically find someone because some people experience bad break ups and right after meet the love of their life.

Though we can’t create our love story so heal before we act on emotions rather than the reality that’s in front of us.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 33

• It all Depends on the Situation. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • I just answered this similar question
    @chocolatelattes4 if I should say it was less than a month and I was looking to date. We were together for 9-1/2 years, but the relationship fizzled long prior to our actual break up, so by the time we were done, I was done.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you feel You're ready in my opinion. If you feel you need time away from relationships then take all the time you need but if you want to hop on the relationship train right after just recently jumping off of it, thats you're business. If you're ready, go for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • i would give 6 months to a year. Dating immediately right after a break up is not good and doesn't help you move on any faster. It just makes you rebounding if you jump into another relationship and using that person to get over your ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right away! Get back out there and start moving on, because there's nothing better to get over someone than to get over someone else ;)

1|0
    1|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes