At which point is someone being unfaithful?

Obviously, most people consider having a sexual relationship with someone else "cheating." But what else? A little bit of flirting is one thing, but what about prolonged flirting with one specific person? Is enough to constitute being unfaithful? I am just curious what other people think.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Gotta agree with timetowaste...those would be the top 2...physical & emotional...but I get what you migt be trying to say, what else besides sleeping with someone else...like the prolonged flirting or what if they hop on the internet & get on "friendly" on there...maybe talking to another female & hanging out with her & they seem to act as if they're together...it's one of those things where society plays a role & dictates what would be seen as a social norm and what would not but also the relationship, sometimes you gotta ask each other because I've seen situations where the guy called/texted another girl & his girlfriend considered it cheating while he did not saying he didn't kiss the girl or have sex...Also you do want to treat the person the same way you'd like to be treated, but gotta make sure the ground rules are kinda set where you both know more or less what you wouldn't want done to you...

A good way or at least a start to see could be when you watch TV or a movie..see something that you might think cheating or close to it, say a little comment like " o damn that's mesed up, you think what he did is right?" or something along those lines & see what he/she says...that way you get a answer & the person is not being accused so they might be more inclined to answer a bit more honestly than if they were on the spot (they'd get defensive)

Not sure if that helped, but jus a though...

What Guys Said 3

• i'd be pissed and tell her to stop, and if she didn't, I would leave her.

• Prolonged flirting with a specific person sounds like infedelity to me. Grinding with others at a club seems harmless to me. But if people are making out and stuff then that's cheating.

• I have always counted grinding with someone in a club the same as getting emotionally involved with say, a work colleague who you find attractive. I wouldn't like my girl to do it so how can I?

What Girls Said 3

• There's physical infidelity and there's emotional infidelity. Both of them are equally wrong in my opinion, and both definitely hurt equally. Really depends on the type of flirting I guess.

• it's hard to judge with non-physical cheating, but if you are uncomfortable about your thoughts, there's probably some infidelity going on.

• Honestly I would say anything you wouldn't tell your partner is cheating if it involves a person you potentially have feelings for. Also anything you wouldn't like if your partner told you involving someone they potentially have feelings for.