Is “taking a break” the end of a relationship?

Settle a debate a friend and I are having about what “take a break” means for a relationship. I say it’s the kiss of death and someones got a new person, he says it just means you need time to think.

• Kiss of Death/Sleeping with someone else
  • We’ll get back together stronger then ever!
  • Other, explain as a comment please
    Vote C

1122

Most Helpful Guy

• I experienced this personally. She said she needed to take a break so we could have "space." I agreed, two months later I found out she was seeing a bunch of guys and broke up with me for one of them. Never again.

"We need a break" is code for "I want to sleep with other people, and not have you upset about it in case it doesn't work out."

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend asked for a break last week. We were both unhappy in the relationship but we both want to make it work so we’re taking time apart to reflect on what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve it and come back better (his words and his idea), however he did say that he was unsure of wether he feels ready to be in a relationship. Skip to a week later, we’re inbetween a break and breaking up and he says he’s not sure if he wants a relationship, but if he does then he wants to be with me and I don’t understand what’s going on. But I think he has good intentions

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh honey. I’m sorry. I hope for the best for you, no matter what it ends up being.