Is this cheating?

My girlfriend (of 6 months) dumped me after a while of being distant. I later found out, after months, that she dumped me because she was in love with my cousin. They never acted on it and my cousin didn't feel the same way.
She told him about her feelings after a while (not immediately after the break up) But can it be said that my ex cheated on me since she broke up with me because she was in love with someone else?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Feelings of attraction can't be helped. If she had acted on them, then it could've been cheating. But she didn't. So it's not cheating.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Technically no. The reason still sucks but even if she was attracted to someone else, she never actually did anything with those feelings except to formally end things with you

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• No, if she broke up with you because she had feelings for someone else, then that's something you do to avoid cheating.

It's the right thing to do.

2|0
    0|0
  • No, because she did not act on it when you were together. However, she was wrong the way she went about it. I hope you found someone who is better than her. God Bless!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Nope. In fact, she did exactly the right thing. When she realized that she liked him, she broke up with you, rather than cheat.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes