My 13 year old daughter told me today she doesn't like her father. can I change her mind on him or does she need to do it herself?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That really depends on why she doesn't like him, but it restores my faith in humanity a little that you would consider swaying her against hating him. So many moms are the opposite.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Because our relationship didn't work out and he got someone else

• That's a tough one. Its worth talking to her about and explaining that relationships just simply don't always work, and it would have made her home life worse if you two had stayed together and been bitter toward each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she'll be able to see the good in her father on her own. Maybe if her father spends time with her and talks things out, things may be able to get worked out. I had the sort of the same problem like your daughter not so long ago, since my dad did a bad thing causing the separation of my parents. But I realized I can't be mad at my father forever, for that would just cause problems and sadness for myself. But yeah, I hope your daughter is alright, and I hope things will get better for you and her.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Talk to her father in private and let him naturally sway her. However, first, find out CLEARLY from the daughter WHY she doesn't like her father.

1|0
    0|0
    • ... and then tell him what she told you. This way, he can know what he needs "to correct".

• Cause he left us and had a new family with another woman

• My advice does not change.

• Sit her down and let her watch Star Wars Trilogy, then tell her would you prefer your father or Darth Vader? (BUT add a little surprise, get the father to come running down the stairs in a Darth Vader outfit and say yeaaaahhhhhh) Either way she chose her father!
    ps. i know she got tricked but idgaf

0|0
    0|0
  • Well when she says something like that , you need to start by asking questions to her like why does she hate him , or what did make her think like that may be you can know why and after knowing why you can change that but without forcing her

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought that at some point every child should hate their parents?

They're parents, not friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you can, but it has to be a long way. Forcing will only bring the opposite reaction. Adults are the same way too

0|0
    0|0
  • 13 still too young to realise what comes out of their mouths. Kids don't realise their parent role usually until the later 20s

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah you can't change the way she perceives him , but dawn is that how moms look nowadays 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • She need to do herself. So your daughter have a very sexy mom.

0|0
    0|0
  • He needs to change it himself

0|0
    0|0
  • She’s too young you can change her mind

0|0
    0|0
  • You can change her mind...

0|0
    0|0
  • U can help her I think. I don't know much on how.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can’t change her mind directly

0|0
    0|0
  • i can be her father ;DDDD
    it will be great ;DDD

0|0
    0|0
  • Well what’s e like? Is he an ass or an okay dad and she’s just going through a difficult phase?

0|0
    0|0
  • If there isn't some abnormal reason for her not to like him (like abuse) then maybe it is just something she feels and she hits the puberty now so she will get a lot of confusing opinions in her mind.
    The best way to deal with it is to be a real friend to her but also a parent who she knows is standing behind her so she feels safe

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I would sit her down and ask her why she feels that way. There’s a reason as to why she hates him. Then depending on what she says, you can determine what to do or say

0|0
    0|0
  • don't try to change her mind as you already cannot

0|0
    0|0
  • You might wanna find out why. He could be doing something to her. If the only issue is that he is strict, then your daughter needs to get over it. She eventually will. She could just be very rebellious. I would ask her why she doesn't like him tho. You may need to promise her that you won't tell her father. Good luck😊

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes