My 13 year old daughter told me today she doesn't like her father. can I change her mind on him or does she need to do it herself?

417

Most Helpful Guy

• That really depends on why she doesn't like him, but it restores my faith in humanity a little that you would consider swaying her against hating him. So many moms are the opposite.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Because our relationship didn't work out and he got someone else

• That's a tough one. Its worth talking to her about and explaining that relationships just simply don't always work, and it would have made her home life worse if you two had stayed together and been bitter toward each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she'll be able to see the good in her father on her own. Maybe if her father spends time with her and talks things out, things may be able to get worked out. I had the sort of the same problem like your daughter not so long ago, since my dad did a bad thing causing the separation of my parents. But I realized I can't be mad at my father forever, for that would just cause problems and sadness for myself. But yeah, I hope your daughter is alright, and I hope things will get better for you and her.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE