Time to breakup?

How do you know when breaking up is the right answer. I love my boyfriend of a year and a half but I'm wondering how much longer I can put up with a few of his things. His excessive drinking, can't save money and just spends it, gets angry about the little things not at me just things in life. I love him so much but I'm wondering if these are things I need to just accept about him or breakup

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand you love him, but I know you don't trust yourself with him.
    look, If you leave that guy, he'll continue to drink... If you stay with him, he'll continue to drinking... same thing.
    the important question is, is that person willing to stop drinking or change himself for the better in order to make that relationship work?
    (I think you know the answer to that question more than all of us.)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Those sound like more than just a few little things. If you love him enough to stay with him try help him stop drinking, get him into anger management, maybe a therapist if there's anh underlying cause, but if he doesn't take the chance to change that then get out of the relationship. How can you have something long term with a guy who can't keep hold of his money, control his drink and gets angry for no good reason? If it doesn't cause problems now it will in the future from my experience, and if they don't seem to want to get help or work at getting better then it makes everyone involved and around them ultimately miserable. No one deserves that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It's time

0|0
    0|0
  • Excessive drinking, being unable to save money, getting angry about little things in life, are not little things. These are big problems. From my point of view, it's not worth hanging around for.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• For myself these things would never be deal breakers as you can date anyone and come up with a list of reasons to break up with them. However if there is something that is a deal breaker for you, it does not make you a bad person to admit that and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your boyfriend has problems in life. Do you think you can still love him if he still continues doing these things for like one year? If I were you, I would ask him what's his problem and maybe we can work it out but if you think that he will not share his problems to you then it's better if you break up with him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes