Time to breakup?

How do you know when breaking up is the right answer. I love my boyfriend of a year and a half but I'm wondering how much longer I can put up with a few of his things. His excessive drinking, can't save money and just spends it, gets angry about the little things not at me just things in life. I love him so much but I'm wondering if these are things I need to just accept about him or breakup

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand you love him, but I know you don't trust yourself with him.
    look, If you leave that guy, he'll continue to drink... If you stay with him, he'll continue to drinking... same thing.
    the important question is, is that person willing to stop drinking or change himself for the better in order to make that relationship work?
    (I think you know the answer to that question more than all of us.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Those sound like more than just a few little things. If you love him enough to stay with him try help him stop drinking, get him into anger management, maybe a therapist if there's anh underlying cause, but if he doesn't take the chance to change that then get out of the relationship. How can you have something long term with a guy who can't keep hold of his money, control his drink and gets angry for no good reason? If it doesn't cause problems now it will in the future from my experience, and if they don't seem to want to get help or work at getting better then it makes everyone involved and around them ultimately miserable. No one deserves that