Does I love you but I don't want a relationship mean he's over me?

My ex and I broke up because of distance and he's away at a party school and just recently joined a frat but he is home for summer and i recently saw him and I spent the day with him and later on I texted him asking him he still had feelings for me and he basically said that

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What he is saying, is he doesn’t want you to have any expectations or goals relating to your relationship whatsoever. He doesn’t want a relationship with you, where there is any desired direction of outcome on your part.

1|0
    0|0
    • That doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you, he may even have respect for your feelings and feel it is in your best interests, because he does love you

• Show All
    • Simply: you deserve more, you are above this, thinking you aren’t and compromising, is sad, it’s discouraging, you need to be healthy and good to you, love yourself

• I’m not happy and it scares me I don’t wanna get out of bed I can’t stop crying

Most Helpful Girl

• Just leave him girl. Not for good, but let him come back to you. If he truly loves you, he'll come back.
    But if you still want him, dont begin dating other guys and rubbing that in his face. He definitely won't come back if he sees you're screwing with other guys.
    Just give him the space he wants. If he loves you, he's gonna come back. Give it time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Over you as everyone's said. Not the end though. Could be a for now thing. Not gonna lie if they turned around later you could be on the other end telling him no. Just life. Consider it being an uneventful relationship life is preventing. If anything. No big deal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wait what exactly do you mean

• Show All
    • He came home because he has to for summer from school

• EXACTLYYYYYYYY just cause school ended. You're not even an added bonus like he could use you to spend the summer. You were not a thought. Just there. Extra. The love in your mind is JUST THAT in your head. The reality, y'all were nothing. A moment in time NOW DONE. lol what hurts so bad is the gas still fumigating your brain. Just know it was a little romance its done. He has love for you not in love with you. You have to go find your man now. Go ahead.

• I personally feel it's his way of letting you down easy and it's a generic break breakup excuse you can do better

2|1
    0|0
    • but we have been broken up

• There is a difference between loving someone, and being IN love with someone.

It sounds like he's saying he still loves you but isn't in love with you. I would say he's looking to end things.

1|0
    0|0
    • i mean we ended things 6 months ago

• Well then he is trying to remain "Friends" or platonic but doesn't want to continue the romantic :(

• Yeah, LDR take a lot more committeemen then regular. And it take grown people who are mature in themselves to make that work. You both aren’t, so if your paths cross again then you could see where it goes but the man wants too have someone there he can be with...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but yes. Don't you fret over him. It sounds like YOU put in effort. YOU got spent a day with him. If HE doesn't want to do the same then he ain't worth you time. You get over him and go enjoy YOU.

0|0
    0|0
    • They can be friends you fucking air head. Grow the fuck up. She's not going to be into you just cause YOU'RE all about her. Just give your opinion.

• Me and my ex girlfriend broke up and that's what she said to me: "I still love you but it just doesn't feel the same and I don't really want to be in a relationship with you anymore" we weren't a distance but then for her to be in a new relationship 2 months later it really did feel like she was over me and that was the easiest way for her to put it. It's an awful feeling I know

0|0
    0|0
    • well he said this to me 6 months after we have been broken up

• Ah different senerio then, I wouldn't know what to suggest I am really sorry

• It’s ok:( I’m a mess

• Life and love is complicated, at times you love someone but you just can't be with em for various of reasons
    I broke up with my girlfriend, but i still do love her really really a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • He's at a party school, this ain't rocket science ;) Imagine being in his shoes seeing chicks hook up left and right, his friends are probably telling him to forget about you because you're probably doing the same thing back home..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is over you and that he "loves" you as a person.
    I would say the same if I had really nice memories with my ex but don't feel like being together again oooor if I want said person to be a friend with Benefits.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he loves you so much that he doesn't want you to be in this relationship or he just found another one closer to him or wants to find one.
    Just leave him and when you meet him again you shall find out by yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • well he moves back home in a year

• One year and he left you ☹🔥🔥

He doesn't want you anymore he just told to get ready cuz when he is back he will chase others

• he's been there for a year already...

• He thinks you and him cannot make it work.
    But he would like to have sex with you, no strings attached.

0|0
    0|1
  • He's flying a test balloon to see if he can still get some occasional sex from you.

0|1
    0|0
  • He probs still loves you, but he doesn't want a relationship cuz it get complicated and he wants to lives his own life and he is enjoying his single life

0|0
    0|0
    • also he just recently joined a frat... and he goes to a huge party school...

• Show All
    • he told me he can't tell me what he wants in a year cause he doesn't know

• Try to get in a relationship with him and when your close enough ask him what he wants

• No he still loves you but not in the sane way as before. Probably has other people in his life at school.

0|0
    0|0
    • What exactly do you mean not as the same way

• He ain't over ya sweetheart afterall this is you we are talking about here

0|0
    0|0
  • He would still be friends with benefits for you. Ex is ex, you should really move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • He either wants you only as a friend or wants you as a sex buddy.

0|0
    0|0
  • He must be having commitment issues or he won't be really ready for a long distance relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • we tried long distance and it ended with is fighting all the time and being unhappy

• Show All
    • he told me he is more focused on school because it is new to him, and he just joined a frat this is known for being the partiers

• Ok then all you can do is give him some time maybe he'll realize it n come back or else he'll find someone else

• Yea basically it's another way to say lets just be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya it means he wants to go play

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe he doesn’t want a relationship because he is scared he will hurt again when it will be time he will leave back

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants friends with benefits.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yeah, I’d say so.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I dnt think so

0|0
    0|0
  • He is over

0|0
    0|0
  • Let him go. There are men out there who want a similar idea what a relationship should looks like.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes