How to break it off with an extremely sensitive and attached boyfriend?

Advice and tips?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was once overly attached to my partner. She broke up with me over the phone and I think that was better than doing it in person but she could have been more clear about it. Make sure that when you do break up with him, make it clear. There's nothing worse than an unclear breakup because it leaves you with so many questions, often times one of those questions is "is there still a chance?", which causes you to linger because you're uncertain as to whether you will get back together or not. I would've gotten over her sooner if she was more clear.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just do it. You have to just rip it off like a bandage

0|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You have to be honest with him. I don't know you, but I will say regardless that being honest doesn't require being mean, though some people are just so blunt that they have to force themselves to be nicer. Maybe you're naturally a nice person, I don't know, but if you can let him down gently, take that route.

0|0
    0|0
  • I may not be the best guy to give advice on being nice. But it’s better to be blunt with the kid than to let a shitty relationship fester.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can do a Lord Allan Sugar... Just stare into his eyes then with a Sturm voice just say "you're fired"

0|0
    0|0
  • Not an easy one. Think more then not a guy like this has insecurity problems, I've seen it a few times. To bad all of us couldn't see them jealous insecure people b4 we are committed, rite

0|0
    0|0
  • Just break up how you normally would, and if he can't deal with it, it's not your problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't put off breaking up when you know you want to
    Prolonging the situation only makes it worse
    Tell him honestly, simply, kindly, but firmly
    Don't make a big production
    Don't make up an elaborate story
    This will help you avoid a big tear-jerking scene
    If you want to date other people say so
    Be prepared for the boy to feel hurt and rejected
    Even if you've gone together for only a short time,
    And haven't been too serious
    There's still a feeling of rejection when someone says
    She preferres the company of others to your exclusive company
    But if you're honest, and direct
    And avoid making a flowery emotional speech when you break the news
    The boy will respect you for your frankness
    And honestly he'll apeciate the kind of straightfoward manner in which you told him your decision

0|0
    0|0
  • Best way in a cafe where lots of people can fillm his tears for youtunbe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want to?

0|0
    0|0
  • so sad the guy is still young be very nice to him

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be blunt and talk to him. No better way.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes