If a guy beat me while I was pregnant, beat me after baby was born, cheated on me, and ghosted my baby and I to be with another woman?

In a different state, should he be allowed in said child's life?

109

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know...

The fact that you're still with him (or being close enough for him to touch you...) make me believe that you're not fit to make choices either... For yourself or the child...

• He was kicked out and he moved to a different state. Police have been to my house numerous times because of his violence and I've stayed at a domestic abuse shelter with my baby. He found me after I fled the state when I was 7 months pregnant and he kept threatening to kill me if I didn't either stay with him, or abort the baby. He's gone so what do you mean I'M unfit...

• Yeah, I'm on West coast and will most likely go as far east coast as possible.

• 👌...

If he still finds you... Someone you know is giving him information...

You and your baby need to "disappear"...

Best of luck...

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's violent then no. If it was just the cheating and the ghosting then yes, he should be involved but being violent and aggressive means, in my opinion, he shouldn't be allowed near a baby.

• Very violent and aggressive and threatened to kill me because I was leaving him and he didn't want a broken family but didn't ever want to stop beating my was and putting my unborn child at the time and I in harm's way.

• Then no, he shouldn't get to be around the child. Like I said, if it was just the cheating then yes - him being a shitty boyfriend doesn't mean he'd be a shitty father, y'know? In that case, I'd advocate for him to be in the kid's life. In this case, he's aggressive and has proven himself to be capable of attacking you. I wouldn't risk my child around a man like that, I'd be terrified he'd lash out at our baby and at the very least, he'd be a very bad example to look up to. It'd mess the kid up and put them in danger.

• Yeah it was definitely more than just cheating. He would kick me in my stomach in the beginning of pregnancy and when I started to show, would beat my legs and arms. He would bring girls to my house to fuck them and tell them I was his cousin. He has busted my lip open, put a scar on my chin, broke my finger, broke my toe etc. I'm really wondering if all of this evidence in police reports and medical records would hold up in court and prove him unfit.