We will break up soon because of distance, should I break up now or wait?

Hello all,

I've been with this girl for nearly 6 months, and though we both knew from the beginning the relationship would probably end when she went to live to another country, these past couple of weeks have been hard, as she is leaving in 15 days and the inevitable seems so close.

My question is: She has said that she wants to gradually drift away from me because she doesn't want to suffer so much when we break up, and she wants to slowly get used to not being with me. This hurts a lot to me, and though I kind of understand her point, I don't agree with it. I'd much prefer to be happy with her until the very last moment. Also, she told me if we should try and stay friends or break up, but then she told me she wasn't capable of doing this, and she'd prefer we slowly drifted apart so as to receive a lesser "shock" when we DO have to break up (when she leaves).

What do you all think? Should I just break up now with her?

Communication has been slowly diminishing with her, I'm seeing her less and less, etc.
1
1