What runs through guys minds when they are going to break up with their girlfriend?

So my boyfriend recently broke up with me bc of my bsf, he claims she was in the middle of our relationship, and on that same day I was kind of upset be me and him never talk, bc he is always either hanging with the guys or playing fortnite, and he said he will say he will call me then said he's busy playing fortnite or on the phone or doing chores or has baseball practice, so i kinda got mad and kind of gave him a little bit of the cold shoulder to see if he would notice, but then he had my bsf break up with me for him, was it something I did. Like what goes through guys heads when they break up with a girl? Or goes to cheat on a girl?
3
1