My ex boyfriend said he still wanted to be friends and talk, liked my Instagram photo and Facebook status. Why? Could it mean he still cares?

We had dated for about 5 months, he wanted me to move in and I was about to! One day out of nowhere he said he felt things were going to fast, and at first said he didn't want things to end, just to slow down, but then a day later broke up with me. Said that he had a lot going on in his life and didn't want to drag me along, but that maybe in the future when things got better, if we both still wanted it, we could try again. He said he still wanted to talk and be friends. I accepted. He was my first. He was about 3 years older than me. Anyways about 2 days after he broke up with me, he texted hey, I didn't reply for a while so he texted again and said he wanted to still talk and be friends, but okay he gets it (because I wasn't replying) he said he hopes im doing well and that he missed me. We then talked just a basic conversation. I stopped replying because I was putting in the effort to keep asking him questions. Since then it's been about 5 days he hasn't said a word. Yet he liked my Instagram photo I posted and my Facebook status. I just don't get why? If he missed me, why wouldn't he do something about it? Why like my photos if you broke up with me? I just don't see what the point is. But at the same time, I agreed to be friends because I loved him and the thought of losing him altogether at the time hurt beyond measure. But nos it seems like he's just playing and it hurts as well
1
0