Why do you think my ex boyfriend is treating me like this?

Okay so my ex boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago, but we decided we were going to be friends. I want everyone to remember this : he said he loves me more than anything. I was the one that always texted him first after we broke up. He never went out of his way to text me. Every time I texted he was very short and distant with the conversations. I stopped talking to him for a few weeks because of stress and I wanted to see if he would actually talk to me on his own. ( he didn't). He didn't even say happy birthday to me.

I noticed a few weeks later the playlist he made for me was deleted and he unfollowed the playlist I made for him. I thought it had something to do with the song choices ( some of them were breakup songs). I only put those few breakup songs on there after we broke up because I was hurt that he broke up with me. A few days after he deleted the playlist, I tried to talk to him and I said " hey how are you doing? Sorry I haven't talked to you in a few weeks I have been depressed." He NEVER responded to me. I kept asking my friends about the situation and they told me I deserve better.
1
1