After an angry situation should I meet him face to face?

I met a guy 2 years ago. Since he was married we were just good friends. He's from New Hampshire and I'm in Colorado. He contacted me several months ago to see if I was interested in pursuing a relationship as he was getting divorced. Everything has been going great, we get along really well and we both seemed to be moving in the right direction. Although it was getting more stressful as his divorce heated up. I know... we should have waited.
2 weeks ago he went home for the weekend, which he always does. He didn't talk to me the entire weekend, so when he texted on Monday I just didn't answer. So I get a text that he's had a bad weekend, he's done with women and hopes I get what I'm looking for, and good bye.
I did respond to that text, but haven't contacted him again. I am thinking about buying a ticket so that we could talk face to face. I don't know if that's the right move? What should I do?
3
1