Guys, Is he coming back (Please keep an open mind as you read my story)?

Anonymous
I am 20 years old and started dating my professor when the school year ended. At first when he started showing interest in me, because of the age gap (28 years), I was only looking to fool around for a while. Things got serious when, after a month of talking to each other, he decided to break up with his girlfriend with whom he'd been together for two years. When that happened I asked him what he wanted. I was super clear that we could only have a sexual relationship if that was what he wanted and that that was okay with me, that that was the thing I had in mind from the beginning. He insisted that he wanted a more serious relationship with me. So we started dating. He was really open about our relationship and had no trouble telling his mother about it for example. One day I decided to tell my mom about it and she freaked out. I had to move out with my father and continue to see this guy as a secret. My mother started this crazy witch hunt against him, but he insisted he wanted to stay with me against all odds. It's been a month and a couple of days ago I asked him how he felt. He told me he felt lonely and that he wished things were different for us (as we can barely see each other). He said that it had crossed his mind several times to break up with me not to cause me nor him any more trouble as this was leading us nowhere (something that I thought, too) but it was difficult for him to accept this idea. We broke up on friendly terms. He said he loved me but couldn't keep up with all the pressure this was putting on him. He said he would always be there for me if I needed anything. He constantly checks on me on my social media (I guess to see how am I doing, he is always been very caring). Do you believe he will try to get in touch with me? As crazy as it may seem I don't want the relationship to end.
2