How do you stop your heart from breaking over and over?

I had been in a long distance relationship that got put on hold for a few reasons. I went back to visit his country and his town and family. We reconnected and i fell even more in love with him. But when it came down to it we established that he's not in a good place right now. And even though we love each other and want to be together we can't right now. I didn't realize how much it would hurt until i was traveling back home. It was 24 hrs of bus rides and flights and i cried the whole time.

I thought i would be fine when i got home (which was Sunday at 01:00 am) but ill be at work or at the gym or the store and out of nowhere my is breaking all over again and i start crying again.

This has never happened to me before im usually very emotionally guarded and so I've never felt this deeply for anyone before. I dont know how to make it stop and i feel like i can't reach out to him.
4
1