My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. I've gone into a deep depression...What do I do...?

I met him In my junior year in high school and my best friend was my wing man but at my friends graduation I saw them excessively hugging and making out in the parking lot. I've tried everything to move on. Nothing works and now I'm deeply depressed. What should I do..?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, as we all know, when it comes to love, there isn't ever an easy fix. And this is something that will most likely take you awhile to get over. But there are some steps you can begin to take to heal. I know you still may see them around school, but try to remove both of them from your life as much as you can--because they both betrayed you, and neither of them are worthy of being in it. Also, never bottle up your feelings, because that's what causes depression; literally DEPRESSING feelings. Let yourself go home and cry, and if you're into the arts, maybe even express how you feel in a creative way. Like writing, singing, a painting, etc...but most importantly, when you feel ready to, talk about it with someone you can trust. Because hearing your thoughts out loud will help you process what's going on with your emotions, and how you can best handle it. I'm sincerely sorry you were double betrayed. It's horrible enough to get cheated on, but at the same time getting betrayed by your best friend? That's so horrible. My love goes out to you, and I hope this helps.

• Thanks...I really appreciate it...It is tough but that's why I'm depressed. Because I DO bottle up everything. I'm not the type of person to just go out and spill everything to someone...I don't trust anyone anymore, after being doubly betrayed...

What Guys Said 3

• You have life in front of you. This was just a warm up. Don't look back and don't waste your best years in regrets. Find someone new; walk to up someone in a bookstore and just start chatting.

• put Bengay in all of his boxers

• Focus on yourself for a while and not him. Try to find some activities to get involved in. If you like art or athletics make hobies out of those. A lot of times people in situations like this end up with very low to no self esteem so the best thing to do is to find a way that you can get that back up. Don't rely on other people to make you happy. as a fortune cookie once said "its impossible to please everyone so please yourself first(in bed hehe)"

• But you have to realize its hard on my part. I relied on him for almost a year and I was fine relying on him for that long...but thanks...(: and lol. yeah or "in the bedroom"

What Girls Said 3

• I know exactly how you feel. I've had a boyfriend cheat on me then my husband (now ex-husband) cheated on me. Being cheated on is the ultimate betrayal and it makes you ask yourself the same question over and over again. "What's wrong with me?" First of all, it's not you. Believe me, it's not you, and you have to believe that. It will take time, but you have to work on that. Because if you don't, you're going to grow up not trusting anyone, and think that all people cheat and lie and your self worth won't be anything at all. You will be miserable, trust me, I know because I was there and I'm still fighting my way back. I lost myself literally. I had other detrimental factors in my old marriage, but the cheating was a major one. There are men out there that don't cheat, they are really there. But you won't find them until you put yourself back together. You did not cause this. An insecure little boy did with a backstabbing friend that hasn't earned the title of friend. The number one person important to you that you need to depend on is yourself. Never fully depend on someone else in your life. Always keep your independance. A quality guy worth your love will cherish that trait. He will find it very attractive and find you very attractive and special. Because that's who you are. I've been there, and you can recover. Just ask for help. If you want to message, I'll be more than happy to talk to you. There is a happy ending for you. I found mine. I'm remarried with a beautiful baby girl and my husband is a wonderful man. If you need a shoulder, I'm offering mine, because I don't want to see you end up on a long lonely road.

• Thank you very much. Its very touching to see a complete stranger be so kind to a hurt teenager. Id like to talk. anytime is fine for me...

• just send me a message and I'll respond. I don't want to see you hurt and be hard on yourself, it's not your fault.

• wow that's harsh being betrayed by your best friend..wow... well you should let everything out don't bottle things up that was what caused you get get depressed. cry as much as you need to. or just talk to someone, psychologist or just someone you really trust someone that would help you..this is the worst thing that a best friend could ever do.and remember guys come and go he ain't the only guy around. and I'm sorry for this betrayed by a best friend and boyfriend ..

• i know...but I'm not the type to go around and tell people all my crap. they don't need it. I don't need to cry anymore than I have. and it does hurt...you have no idea. </3

• sneak into his room @ night & pee on his head.

• haha clever (: but I don't think thatd go over too well.