What is emotional cheating?

I've heard about it a lot

1118

Most Helpful Girls

• It's when someone develops romantic feelings or love for someone else outside of your relationship. Talking, flirting, bonding.

• Thanks.. Is anything wrong with it?

• Have you ever experienced it personally? Why is it cheating though? I mean it's love and nothing physical

• Cheating is unfaithfulness, finding something you're supposed to get from your partner, from another. It's only happened to me once, so I broke up. He tried to get back with me but, my heart was so hurt that he would want someone else while he was with me. I assumed I wasn't enough for him. I know now that wasn't true.

• It’s having feelings for someone else who is not your committed partner. You and the person may not have a physical relationship, but it could still be cheating even if you guys are platonic. Sometimes it’s easier to hide but it’s just as wrong. If you have romantic feelings for someone else or a very strong attraction for someone else, break off your relationship or let your partner know immediately. Doesn’t matter if you have kids or not, don’t carry on a lie and waste someone else’s life just because you were being selfish. Even if you’re at risk of losing them or anything else, just do the right thing and man up.

Most Helpful Guys

• Do you have thoughts of sex about someone other than your partner? Do you allow yourself to have feelings for someone other than your partner? That's the essence of emotionally cheating. Failure to give full loyalty and live to your partner and giving it to someone else, that is emotional cheating.

• The step before physical cheating or actual fucking.

• How common is it?

• It is very common, all physical cheating starts as emotional cheating, like talking or flirting this is where the bonding starts. Next comes a drink, dinner or movie. Then comes a motel room and the fucking. Emotional cheating can be something like talking and listening about marriage problems. Two co-workers talking every day , that is how my ex-wife got started. It can be something like anytime you need to talk here is my phone number. The Face Book bull shit is a very good example.

• Well physically cheating doesn’t ALWAYS start like that