What is emotional cheating?

I've heard about it a lot

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's when someone develops romantic feelings or love for someone else outside of your relationship. Talking, flirting, bonding.

2|1
    0|0
    • Thanks.. Is anything wrong with it?

• Show All
    • Have you ever experienced it personally? Why is it cheating though? I mean it's love and nothing physical

• Cheating is unfaithfulness, finding something you're supposed to get from your partner, from another. It's only happened to me once, so I broke up. He tried to get back with me but, my heart was so hurt that he would want someone else while he was with me. I assumed I wasn't enough for him. I know now that wasn't true.

• It’s having feelings for someone else who is not your committed partner. You and the person may not have a physical relationship, but it could still be cheating even if you guys are platonic. Sometimes it’s easier to hide but it’s just as wrong. If you have romantic feelings for someone else or a very strong attraction for someone else, break off your relationship or let your partner know immediately. Doesn’t matter if you have kids or not, don’t carry on a lie and waste someone else’s life just because you were being selfish. Even if you’re at risk of losing them or anything else, just do the right thing and man up.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Do you have thoughts of sex about someone other than your partner? Do you allow yourself to have feelings for someone other than your partner? That's the essence of emotionally cheating. Failure to give full loyalty and live to your partner and giving it to someone else, that is emotional cheating.

2|1
    0|0
  • The step before physical cheating or actual fucking.

3|4
    0|0
    • How common is it?

• It is very common, all physical cheating starts as emotional cheating, like talking or flirting this is where the bonding starts. Next comes a drink, dinner or movie. Then comes a motel room and the fucking. Emotional cheating can be something like talking and listening about marriage problems. Two co-workers talking every day , that is how my ex-wife got started. It can be something like anytime you need to talk here is my phone number. The Face Book bull shit is a very good example.

• Well physically cheating doesn’t ALWAYS start like that

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Its normally what happens when a woman is neglected by her man

2|1
    1|7
    • Ehh, let's not pretend that this only happens in one direction

• Show All
    • Just go man. Good riddance shitface

• It can go either way. Basically they are not getting any attention from their SO, they end up looking elsewhere for that attention.

• I would say sexting with someone or going on a dating site and kind of pretending would be considered emotional cheating or anything where you just pretend with someone

0|0
    0|0
  • A emotional cheater in my opinion is someone who plays with your head talks about being with you but doesn’t make the comment. A person who won’t do Romantic things a person who emotionally screws with your head on a daily basis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being with a woman but thinking about other womem. /having feeling for other women instead of your partner

0|0
    0|0
  • Falling in love for someone else while in relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • When you emotionally connect with someone while dating someone else

0|1
    0|0
  • What reachingfornirvana said.

0|1
    0|0
  • A whole bunch of bullshit in my opinion 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • When you like someone other than who you are dating a lot and lose interest in the person you’re with

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_affair

This entry sums it up pretty well in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are married but you spend more of your free time with someone other than your spouse. You even tell and do stuff for the other person than you do for the spouse.
    In other words, the other person gets more of your time and intimacy than your spouse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Developing feelings for someone other than your S. O. Thats actually worse than physical cheating in my opinion. Its one thing to fuck someone. Its something else to sit and fall in love with someone else. Can't come back from that.

0|1
    0|0
  • When you cheat someone on their face or put it this way, when you want a bite of burger from a friend you can persuade em to do so by emotionally manipulating em and making it happen!😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating on someone while already in that relationship. Like having extra affairs to other boys / girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never heard about that before. It sounds like fake crying or possibly faking something else. But i could be wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know some new shit. In my opinion I really never heard of it until now.

0|0
    0|1
  • Example, Jason have excessive fancy about Amy while dating Emily. Then Emily realize Amy is Jason's phone wallpaper?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're having sex with someone but you're thinking about someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • The worst possible thing that could possibly happen to a person's heart

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically the kind of cheating women do as compared to a mans physical cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • Loving your cat/dog more than your partner.

1|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • Love failer

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • Only for exploitation

0|0