Girls, did you ever cheat on your boyfriend? And why?

what would the reason for you to cheat on your boyfriend?

60

Most Helpful Girl

• I never wanted to, and I never thought I would, I used to see things as very black and white.

Long story short, I was in a long distance relationship, and opened up emotionally to an attractive guy who was engaged (now married) to my friend, I thought that meant he was relatively 'safe' to get somewhat close to, but he started liking me and we ended up having an affair. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with my boyfriend and he never did anything to deserve it, and I don't even really understand why I'm doing it, I don't NEED it.

Reasons - I thought he was safe so I 'let him in' so to speak - normally I keep an emotional wall up between me and guys who are not my boyfriend, my boyfriend and I were doing long distance so I saw him once every two weeks, my friend's fiance was different in a refreshing way - he had something that I kinda wished my boyfriend has personality-wise (he was more relaxed, carefree, able to turn his brain off a bit). He also made me feel attractive and we had a strong connection and he was/is really really into me, which I haven't experienced with any guy EXCEPT my boyfriend. I had also just moved, and my environment felt like a different world, like I was a different person up there and a different person when I visited my boyfriend. (For the record he wasn't just after sex, he never wanted to cheat on his [now] wife either, it was just an irresistible chemistry and connection, and now we are in a no-sex FWB relationship which will end eventually because we both felt too guilty about the sex).

What Girls Said 5

• I have cheated before...but there's no good reason for cheating. If you have a problem TALK about it don't go to someone else for your needs.

• No, never...but my ex boyfriend of 4 years cheated on me. :( Anyways, I never cheated because I'm loyal/decent, it just come against my values... and my currently boyfriend is just really perfect, and I'd be an idiot for cheating on him.

• ughhhh my currently boyfriend cheated on me, just found out today...I feel like an idiot for saying he was perfect :(

• Nope! Cheating is mean :(

• No. I'm a one-guy sort of gal. This doesn't mean I have to stop talking to guys (which is what my ex considered "flirting"). I'm always very honest in all my interactions with guys and girls. Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to trust -- mostly based on their own insecurities.

• I have cheated on my husband. He basically ignored me for a year. Never wanted to have sex or made me feel sexy or attractive. He lied and did things behind my back that made me not trust him. Had he been my boyfriend I would not have cheated on him I would have dumped him but it is harder when you are married to get out of it so I sought comfort elsewhere.

What Guys Said 0