Girlfriend’s parents cause adult breakup?

So my ex and I had been dating a year and a half and she is now a sophomore in college. Her family is freaky controlling in ways that she can't even go get a starbucks drink or go out with a friend or me without first asking permission and then even past that her options are very limited. She realizes her situation and simply sees no way to combat it because or moral, financial, amongst other reasons. We were so in love and really had the ingredients to make a lasting thing together in a legitimate way except this roadblock. We’ve broken up because of this because she sees no way around them. She now has nobody to go to or talk to or no best friend or lover or anything and neither do I but I knew that without her realizing even moreso what life is just with them and not me, she could never build up the strength to do anything. Its hard because she clearly loves me with all her heart and would do anything for me yet this is somehow a roadblock. A part of me wants to wait and see if she does build up the internal fight to rebel and save herself but deep down, I know that even if that did happen, its not healthy to wait. We left things on a very bittersweet note, cuddling and crying and kissing and connecting on that level that we do with the open hope that we’ll meet again someday when things are different. Im just starting college and i dont know what to do. Should I move on? Date other girls and try to find someone truly special again? Or should I not? What do you guys think is the healthy option? I already feel dumb for posting on this app but its really just such a weird situation for an “adult” couple. Thanks so much 🙏🏼
Girlfriend’s parents cause adult breakup?
Add Opinion