Do I still have a chance?

I'm in 10th grade, this guy I like is a senior. He and I see each other everyday (and almost every Saturday we hang out) he and I text each other all day, every day. About 3 weeks ago I threw my best friend a party, and there was drinking involved. Me and the guy I like were supposed to make out and stuff, and I was a little drunk(he was sober) and excited. He came over sat down and we flirted and stuff but nothing happened, right before he leaned in his brother came in and handed him the phone, cause it was his mom. He left, then came back in 3 minutes later and his friend had came up to me, drunk also, and also a senior, and we started making out. I refused to do anything else though. At the end of the night drunk friend left, and guy I like looked at me and gave me a hug, he seemed fine. When he left he told me to text him when I was sober. We texted each other for the rest of the night, then he texted me again at 7am and we continued till 11pm..Since then we've acted normal in school. Last Wednesday he and his friend came and picked up me and my friend to hang out. That night his friend tried making out with me again and again..It never lasted long cause I don't like the guy. And the guy I like kept looking and looking not happy. That night we got dropped off and the guy I like texted me again till the night was over. We hung out again 2 days ago on my birthday and his friend trays to kiss me again and I really didn't..Like, lips would touch for about.9 seconds and then id pull away. The night went fine, and me and the guy I like would just tease each other like we would any other day, but he hasn't texted me since then...Have I lost my chance? Or is he just a little jealous? And if so, how do I get this kid to realize that I'm not kissing his friend, cause I like him!

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. It sounds like you want to eat the cake and have it too. I agree with all of the other posters. I don't know how kissing another guy, gives the impression that you don't like the guy you're kissing, but his friend instead... and after a couple of times as well... it's a classic case of mixed signals, really mixed ones at that!

To be honest, I think he's putting on an act, to show you that he's not hurt by it all, or he's trying to show that he's not possessive or the jealous type. But it could all just be an act; the joking around, teasing, texting etc. He could be really cut. I know I would be, and I would probably put on the act too. Sometimes, being jealous will push the one's you love away further than they already are. But other times, not being jealous enough, will push the one's you love away further than they already are.

But like you said, in a comment, if you like him, and he likes you... what's the issue? Can't we all be adults about it, and just put it out there. Why do feelings always have to be pent up, for someone to make the leap? By the sounds of it, it should be much of a leap anyhow...

• i wish it was this easy. boy likes girl, girl likes boy, obvious connection. boy asks girl out they see how long their "whatever" lasts. I don't love the kid, I'm in highschool. all I know is he makes me happy. and I want to see how far that can take us. he's a 5/5 for me. and all I want is for me and him to give it a try. but, he's just, not doing the intial "leap" and that's all we need.

• By why does it have to be him? Are you saying that you're already up in the air (i.e. that you've already lept), but he has to meet halfway in between? Or you're waiting for him to jump first?

What Guys Said 3

• if I was him I'd be extremely annoyed that you where flirting with other guys >.>

I would also start loosing interest in you if you kept making out with my friend. Think about it. Why kiss a guy you don't like anyways? Just don't.

He may also just consider you something like a little sibling (If he doesn't really like you the same way you like him) - So maybe try... I guess flirting with him a bit more. Be a bit more with him like you are with his friend and stop flirting with his friend. You may also just be leading the other guy on.

And there is always a chance that he may like another girl. So be a bit wary of that.

- Hopefully that helped a bit. The people who have answered this already stated to stop kissing the other guy. I don't even know why you would kiss a guy you don't even like. If I was the guy you liked I would probably auto-assume you liked my friend more than me and that we would only be friends. Thus making me quit.

• i get your point. and I've told the guy I like that I don't want to kiss him, and that I don't like his friends AT ALL cause I really dont. and he knows I like him, and I know he likes me. we text 24/7. and I never talk to the other guy. ever..

thanks for your input. ill definitely STOP kissing him.

• lol good girl. Just start showing more emotion to him. Or even better just bluntly confess to him. Well if you know for a fact that he really likes you. I would love a girl to confess to me :P - I know guys are usually the ones who are supposed to confess or something. So try turning the tables ^_^ - But only if you are 90-100% positive he likes you. Otherwise its a bit embarrassing.

• Quit. Kissing. Him. Sounds like you've already lost your chance by spitting in his face like this though. G'day.

• it was to make him jealous, and I'm obviously done kissing kid #2. I just want him.

• You sound like a whore, why would a man want to date a whore who is 2 years younger than him?

• mkay I'm NOT a whore. I like this guy a lot, but he needs to make a decision..if he wants to date me or not. I am not just gunna sit aside and let every guy interested in me pass by. If things don't work out between me and him I don't want to be all by myself while he's with some girl. I'm not the kind of girl who throws herself entirely at a guy giving him my all. cause if he doesn't want it ill just fall apart. it has to be and equal amount. Its jealousy that were doing here..

What Girls Said 4

• I think he's jealous and possibly mad at you because he saw you liked him as well and then went and did that. I'm sure he got over the first time because you were drunk and not offically his but I think after the 3rd time he gave up and maybe thought you actually do like his friend and not him. STOP KISSING THE DAMN KID you should have learned that already. the second time should have never happened you should have told him no.

• I think you should stop flirting or kissing your guys friend. He might be jealous which keeps in interested right now, but maybe start flirting more towards him, and make a move on him! If you keep it up for to long, he might say byeee and move on!

• thats the biggest problem, I don't want to kiss the guy, and I dodge it..but its like he moves in on it, and I can't stop it happening. and though all his friends love me (and most of them like me too) I don't want any of them to not like me and not want to hang out with me, cause I feel like I won't hang out with the guy I like as much..

• well text him and you needt tell his friend that you arnt into him like that...he might be jealous

• i think you should stop kissing his friend, try to get some alone time with the guy you like and it should go perfectly! it sounds like he has feelings for you since he keeps coming back and this time I think you should text him first and start up a conversation to show him that you are interested and that you like him! I hope all goes well hopefully its beginnning of a great relationship! good luck!