When would be the best time to see my ex again (non romantically)?

annmarie93
My ex and I broke up about 4 months ago (after a year of dating) and we haven't seen each other since. We have a ton of mutual friends, so not seeing each other won't be an option for that much longer, especially with summer coming around.

In mid-July, our friends do a week-long vacation and I'm probably going to go for a portion of that, maybe 2-3 nights. He'll be there the whole time.

We've talked several times since we broke up and things have gotten less awkward, which is good, but I know that seeing each other again is going to be weird at first regardless.

He doesn't drink a lot throughout the year, but that week is filled with drinking, so I know to expect that. Now I'm just wondering if we should meet up for coffee or something before that week just to get the awkwardness out of the way, or if our first time seeing each other would be better with literally all of our friends around (and with a good chance of him being drunk when I get there).

We broke up because of his depression and he still hasn't gotten help for it, so I have no intention of getting back together with him, I just need to be able to be around him again.

TL;DR I'll be seeing my ex for the first time since we broke up some time this summer. Would it be better to see him one-on-one, or around all our friends?
1
0