Why is he being this cruel to me?

It was a ldr, so I guess it was natural it ended, but why this way, why with all this cruelty?

I was in love with him and things were going perfectly.

Than he stopped talking to me out of the blue (10 days after telling me he was sleeping with my jumper in the bed because it smelled of me) and dumped me (relationship of 2 years of which the first 8 months living in the same campus). Time one month he was dating an old friend of his.

He he refuses to talk to me and is extremely aggressive verbally. He knows I still love him and that I’m suffering a lot but rejects all responsibility for having made me suffer and is just acting in the most callous way possible, almost as if he wants to make me pay for something... and I really, really didn’t do anything against him, ever.

I asked him to at least be friends because I don’t want to lose him completely, he told me if I write again he’ll block me.

He’s not the same person I used to know, he’s so cruel and full of hate towards me. It’s devastating.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people use a combination of aggression and silence to avoid dealing with their conscience, particularly when they know that they've just shit on you from a great height. It sounds to me like there is something going on from his side that means he doesn't want you around. Maybe he was never that interested, maybe he met someone else, maybe he's having life problems. Whatever the reason, he dropped you like a bad habit and doesn't want to have to deal with that. So he just deflects any attempts from you to get to the truth.

So what can you do now? Nothing but move on. You can't make him feel bad if he doesn't or won't. You can't make him explain if he refuses. You can't make him do anything. All that you can do is to stand up for your dignity and self respect and walk away. Nobody said that any kind of breakups will be fair in any way, shape or form. It is what it is, you live and learn and get stronger.

Most Helpful Girl

• My only advice for you is to move on, he doesn't sound like a guy who is going to treat you properly.