Have any of you ever gotten your ex back and how?

Firstly, congratulations ;)

Secondly, how did you do it? Did you manage to do it even though it seemed impossible?

Thanks x

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting back with your ex depends on how you broke up and how convincing you can be.

A. If the ex cheated on you or something horrible don't get back with them.

B. After the break up just leave the other person alone. After some time they will eventually want to have some kind of meet up lunch coffee dinner whatever.

C. When you see your ex be completely and 100% fine with out them ( I encourage the time you are broken up to actually just be happy)

D. Once the ex sees that you are fine without them then they will kind of freak out. Why is Oliviawinters so happy with out me. How is Olivia okay...etc and they will probably start thinking about what good they had with you.

Good luck!

• Thanks :)

He is on the rebound. 2 weeks after we broke up he's with someone else he doesn't even find attractive.

I'm not going to contact him for some time even though I miss him :(

What Guys Said 4

• An ex is an ex for a reason this is what I stand by... as said by other answers it will lead to a lot of heartache before they take you back. If you were the reason you broke up in the first place they will need to get revenge before they even give you another chance it is human nature getting back at the ones that hurt you.

• yes but only after a lot of heartache and pain on my part. you see I was with my ex, who also was my then-classmate, for only a few months but she left me and a week later she was with someone else. figured she already had him on the backburner while she was still with me. so that was that. I saw her everyday and it was hell. I don't know how I got through it really. but a year later, and after she had been through 2 guys, she realized that I still had feelings for her and through some miracle she fell back in love with me. honestly it took me by surprise but that's how life is. you never know what it has in store for you. if its meant to be it'll be if not it won't.

• You can sometimes get an ex back if you act super happy and pretend like you don't give a sh*t. However, it really depends on who initiated the break up. Chances are if it was the other person that initiated the breakup and that other person is a girl - then most likely they are already (were already before you even broke up) guzzling some other guy's come so she could be too far gone depending on how good the new guy is f***ing her.

• If your ex is on a rebound, you can definitely win him back..the problem is that most people mess it up. You only have one shot at a second chance and you're doing the right thing by not contacting him just yet..you kinda need a game plan right now..this girl can give you some good tips ==> link

• Thank you :D I'm not going to contact him in 4 weeks (it's his birthday in 4 weeks) I'm going to work on making myself happy during that time. Then I'm going to send him a small text wishing happy birthday and how life is. If he responds I'll ask if he wants to 'catch up' so I can give him his present and card I've had for months. Sound good and where do I go from there?

What Girls Said 3

• My ex dumped me for another girl, at first I went psycho ex on him but realized I was better of just not having contact with him. Once he couldn't get in touch with me anymore, he become obssessed with trying to figure out what was going on in my life. Then, when things feel apart with the new girl, he came crawling back... at first I was happy, but then I realized I deserved better then someone who only wants me because they don't want to be alone and I walked.

• he broke up with me and wanted to be friends...I told him that I felt too strongly for him to be friends at the time, but maybe after some time we could. Then I stayed out of contact which drove him crazy...he came back begging for me

• i didn't do anything. he came to me after NC

• wow, well done ;)

Who broke up with who?

How long did NC go on for?

• he dumped me after a year of dating. and I was fine with it. the NC lasted around 3 months before he came back to me

• What if you didn't do well emotionally and always initiated contact, then decided to "disappear". Is it ever too late for them to contact you, even after you broke the NC rule?