What are the most common reasons to end a relationship?

What is in your experience the most common reason that people break up with each other? Maybe it's good to know to avoid those things.What are the most common reasons to end a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Lack of understanding in the initial stages of the relationship. Meaning, people break up in relationships because thy don’t really bother to get to know who they’re with until later down the line. And THEN they don’t like who the other person is and feel like they got trapped/lied to.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I need communication talk to me. Honesty I need you to tell me how it is, be real with me. Don't tell me things I want to hear because it gets me annoyed and doesn't allow me to trust you completely. I need intimacy. Remember, intimacy not just sex, I like to be hugged, kissed, and cuddled with. Sex is important, but other factors take into play as well.

0|0
    0|0
    • My girlfriend wantes to wait for sex until after the marriage and I'm completly okay with that. We both like to hugh and just be together. I don't think that those are gonna be a problem

• Lol you should play with her make if you guys are touching try making her wet by doing stuff lol she might let you bust early

Most Helpful Guys

• Immaturity on one part or both for serious ones. An example is an obsession for fairness of a kind that leads to an eye-for-an-eye mindset that leaves both parties blind, rather than a focus towards improvement while letting some things slide in favor of a better outcome for both.

0|2
    0|0
  • For me with my past 3 it's been a lack of interest on my part primarily, that or I just couldn't be bothered to be a good boyfriend so I found it easier to drop it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• My cousin almost broke up with her future husband 8 years ago because he did not want to take time off work to go on vacation and didn't want to enjoy the thing she enjoyed food wise or experience wise

My other cousin is divorcing because they are always arguing over how to manage the household, how to raise the children and how much money they are spending on everything.

I would say money, social status, reputation, power and greed is the number one reason for divorce or break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication. Some people really don’t understand the importance of it and a relationship can and will break instantly. I literally couldn’t proceed in a relationship I wanted to have with a guy because lack of communication and it caused me unnecessary frustration because I also battle with anxiety.

Some people can sit through it and handle the pressure but I can’t. I’m working on myself though and I must admit that I am getting better

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the most common reason is people getting too comfortable and no longer trying. You let yourself go, stop having sex, stop being cute and romantic, stop complimenting each other, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating
    fighting
    distant
    not spending enough time with each
    to busy
    not emotionally available
    settling

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of effort in the relationship such as quality time, planning alittle into the future. Lack of sex drive and not touchy feely. Lack of self worth, selfish and no communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're humiliated and disrespected and the opposite part thinks that he's forever right never stop telling her what to do and that she's nothing etc

0|0
    0|0
  • My top reasons for ending a relationship is cheating, lying, and sometimes there's just no chemistry or spark.

0|0
    0|0
  • When both dont have time to each other anymore and grow apart

0|0
    0|0
  • No trust, cheating, lying, abuse and lack of communication amongst other things...

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication, lying, I get bored easily, cheating, no chemistry

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating, disloyalty, zero respect for your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • No trust, growing apart and no communication

1|0
    0|0
  • Lack of trust/honesty/communication

0|1
    0|0
  • You grow apart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Selfishness

0|0
    0|0
  • your negative character traits overpower your positive character traits

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• For me it was going to different destinations in life most of the times. Lack of loyalty was just a single case.

0|0
    0|0
  • - Absence of commitment.
    - No will to keep it forever to begin with.
    - The fact that people believe that being bf/gf is a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating, getting bored, wanting somthing better, insecurities all types of stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Kill her. No im jk. Just try talking to her, or try having her break up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication

0|0
    0|0
  • I grow very bored very quickly

0|0
    0|0
  • Infidelity and incompatibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of understanding