Me and boyfriend are having space.. Brother got involved. Now what?

I'm livid...
Me and the boyfriend were taking space because we were arguing a lot. It was a mutual decision and we said we'll talk about it in about a week when we're thinking a bit clearer.
I have given him space.. no calls, texts, nothing.
And was going to send a letter to him in a few days (would receive it after the week) that explained a few things but also that I know I could walk away knowing I did all I can if I decided to not work on our relationship. Brilliant on my end I thought...

I confided in my older brother. He has only spoken on the phone to my boyfriend and never met him as he lives in another country. Perfect person to confide in I thought...
My brother called him and had a man to man chat, the contents I don't know. My brother told him about the letter and how sweet it was etc.. and my boyfriend told my brother he wants us to work and loves me... I know he was just trying to help but I am mortified.

So now I've had to send the letter as it looks like I'm full of s/%# if I don't and my pride level is at 0.

Has my brother messed this up for me.. it happened yesterday?
Correction* = that I could walk away knowing knowing I did all I could if HE didn't want to work on the relationship.
He has a doctor's appointment today about something he's embarrassed about. (Down there). Do I ask him if he's okay? If he wants me to come with him or leave it?

411

Most Helpful Guy

• Your brother may have made the right call. It seems that kind of man to man, with an older brother confirming your feeling to another person would be powerful in a positive way. But, whether or not your brother should have done so is entirely subjective.

• Then how come he still hasn't called me.. is he waiting for the letter to see what it says?

• Likely. Especially if your brother emphasized the beauty of the letter. Give him ample time to receive it, but after that, do not be afraid to initiate the conversation. You are an equal in a relationship, and even if you are having some space, you have the right to speak about what is meaningful to you, especially if it concerns the relationship.

• when you guys agreed space, did you set a duration? if you did, he is simply respecting your wish to have some space. I would guess you can end the "space" time at any time, he doesn't feel HE can though without coming across as pushy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are you mortified? You want it to work and he wants it to work - you guys need to work together for a better and clearer communication <3

Even though your brother called although he shouldn't have, sometimes man to man talks are much better in times like this. Your boyfriend understands you're serious because you involved your brother, and the letter was going to be written anyway.

It's time to come forward completely open :)

I think the more honest you can be in that letter, the better. You have a chance now to actually clear the space and start fairly new. New insights about each other, better judgement; maybe find common grounds where you can talk instead of fighting.
    You start with the realization that you love each other. That's something you WANT to fight to keep.

Your brother helped clear any doubts, I think. Write the letter, await the boyfriend contacting you :)

• I've sent it. The just of letter says that I love him without any doubt in my mind. That I don't want to fight and a few things about how he makes me smile and how I see a future for us if we work together instead of against each other. And a bit of soppy stuff too 😋. There was no blame in it, just love. I hope he contacts me when he receives it x

• Exactly! ❤️ I think you've done the best you can.
      If you both want it to work, it takes joint forces.

And as long as we know we've done everything we can, and our hearts are in it.. That's all we can do 😊

• Thank you for the MHO! :)
      Let me know how it goes for you <3