Why's it so easy for guys to move on?

My ex recently broke up with me after 6 years of being together. It was only like 5 days ago yet I can already see him so happy (yes I'm stalking him online, I still can't believe we're over). Like, it could be because he hides it better but I tried to talk to him once cause how we ended and the reason why we did, didn't feel acceptable for me so I tried to talk to him about it. He seemed so chill and contented. I'm happy for him but at the same time it breaks my heart that it feels like he's not affected by our break up at all. I just really want to know your opinions on this :(
Updates:
PS I'm not trying to generalize men. I know that not all men cope with break ups like how my exes did. I'm just basing it off of experience.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is really not for a lot of guys. Every woman I have split with have moved on much faster than I have. Most women can find another partner easier than a man so maybe it is just him... or guys like him that can do it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • 2 things.

1: guys move on with actions first, and let their feelings follow behind. They don't wait to be over someone to go out and date/hookup. Dating & hooking up is how they emotionally get over it.

2: he broke up with you. It's likely he emotionally wanted to for a while, so he 'processed' the end of the relationship before he broke up (unless there was a huge fight and it was sudden, which it doesn't sound like).

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it makes sense. We didn't fight at all before he broke up with me that's why I didn't find the reason acceptable. It just came out of nowhere. He said he started thinking about it just the night before he broke up with me. It definitely caught me off guard.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• He's probably wanted to break up with you for a long time now.

Put him in the garbage bin and move on. Otherwise you're going to destroy any chance at getting into a happy relationship in the future.

1|0
    0|0
  • The answer to your title question is:

Men are not as emotional as women, they are more logical and rational and so they move on faster.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since he did the breakimg up, he had time to get over you before the breakup, so what you see as a few days is much longer than that to him. Could be weeks or even months that he'd considered it

1|0
    0|0
  • Not true in my case, my first girlfriend was dating another guy the same day she broke up with me and my second girlfriend was sucking another guys dick less then a week after breaking up with me so it really isn't the case in a lot of cases.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, for the sounds of it, he wasn't in love with you, so that makes it pretty easy to moveon. I'm sure there's more to this than what you posted, so I'm just going by what little you did post.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not the gender specific
    that men feel more pain or women

it is his nature that he moved on easily or not
    you never know
    you can't read his mind

1|0
    0|0
  • If the guy truly cares and loves you. No they can’t just move on. I was in a relationship where I was totally deceived. Gave everything I had. And it literally destroyed me

1|0
    0|0
  • Just wait and see if he continues feeling that way. Usually guys feel forlorn after a few weeks of being alone if they don't find someone else

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it is. Guys just hide it better.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes