Why's it so easy for guys to move on?

My ex recently broke up with me after 6 years of being together. It was only like 5 days ago yet I can already see him so happy (yes I'm stalking him online, I still can't believe we're over). Like, it could be because he hides it better but I tried to talk to him once cause how we ended and the reason why we did, didn't feel acceptable for me so I tried to talk to him about it. He seemed so chill and contented. I'm happy for him but at the same time it breaks my heart that it feels like he's not affected by our break up at all. I just really want to know your opinions on this :(
PS I'm not trying to generalize men. I know that not all men cope with break ups like how my exes did. I'm just basing it off of experience.

011

Most Helpful Guys

• It is really not for a lot of guys. Every woman I have split with have moved on much faster than I have. Most women can find another partner easier than a man so maybe it is just him... or guys like him that can do it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • 2 things.

1: guys move on with actions first, and let their feelings follow behind. They don't wait to be over someone to go out and date/hookup. Dating & hooking up is how they emotionally get over it.

2: he broke up with you. It's likely he emotionally wanted to for a while, so he 'processed' the end of the relationship before he broke up (unless there was a huge fight and it was sudden, which it doesn't sound like).

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it makes sense. We didn't fight at all before he broke up with me that's why I didn't find the reason acceptable. It just came out of nowhere. He said he started thinking about it just the night before he broke up with me. It definitely caught me off guard.