I got dumped, I'm clueless... what do I do?

I recently got dumped by my first ever girlfriend, I was with her for 4.5 years and feel clueless at the moment.
Reason she broke up with me was weird, she wanted space, even tried giving me a free pass of sleeping with another girl before she said it's over... I had a loving future ahead of me... now it's just so empty
I haven't really been hungry in the last week orso... I know it's all effects and all but does it go away? I never been hurt this bad.. give me some direction anyone!

110

Most Helpful Girl

• Im so sorry for what your going through i know it sucks and hurts and honestly im currently going through a breakup as well some days or hours are better then other and some i break down and won't eat and feel lost. But hang in there its gonna get worse before it gets better but honestly what helps is talking and trying to move on as much as it sucks.

Most Helpful Guys

• Time is the healer.

Maybe there was something you could have done differently, maybe not, dont waste your time beating yourself up about it, whats done is done, I know you like that and its not what you want to hear but that is the way of things and fighting the truth will just hurt you more.

You will need time to process what has happened and come to terms with what has happened. Just as though someone had died, you have to mourn the loss.

Life does go on and you will love again.

Let it go.

Focus on improving yourself, your health and persuing your interests.

Be aware of rebound. You may try to fill the hole in your life with another woman, she is not the one you lost and your feelings for this new girl are not real, you are just imprinting your old feelings of emotional attachment onto her. Its not fair to either of you and it will not help you to move on.

It hurts and its going to hurt for a while, be strong. Remember, real men shed tears, so when you need to cry, you have a cry. Process that pain and move forwards.

Dont look back, thats gone.

It will get better, I promise.

• It sucks man. I used to have nightmares about this kind of thing. She loves me one day but not the next. I will go away but it will take time. You have suffered a loss and your mind needs to grieve. Grieving is a process. Do normal things, get into a new routine. See friends more often. It will get better