Who’s crazy here?

So my boyfriend of 6 months and I got into a argument a few weeks ago about commitment. He spent want to settle down for the next 2 years so I said that wasn’t cool with me as I’m 34 and he said well I’m sorry that’s the way it is and I left. He didn’t reach out to me for a week then called me 11 times! And left nasty messages about me not answering them apologized the next day. I end t over and he demanded to know who I was “dating” I told him no one that I just wanted to get the rest of my stuff and leave since we were broken up. The less I argued with him the more desperate he became until he went into the kitchen and cut his wrist 5 times. Needless to say I was super freaked out. I begged him to stop telling him that I would stay with him just please stop. He did when I agreed to stay with him. Things were great for a few days then he went back to the no commitment stance and then came up with another ultimatum for me or else he couldn’t continue in the relationship. I refused and he ended it. He seems completely fine now l. Completely nice to me, joking around, but dosent want to be together. Needless to say I’m super confused. How does one go from wanting to hurt themselves because they love you so much and can’t live without you to a week later being fine with a breakup? Can someone please shed some light onto this? I’ve never experienced anything like this before. Thanks in advance.
Who’s crazy here?
Add Opinion