Realizing I have syptoms of PTSD?

I opened up yesterday about my rape story (its the post before this one) and im realizing how all of this has negatively affected me in my everyday life. i didn't know it was unatural to always feel unsafe. If im in a hallway and someone is walking *behind* me even if their like 20 ft away it makes me uncofortable and triggers me to to get ready to fight theme or run and then sometines i get so panicked that i get physically exhausted after so much mental strees. I hate when im in a public place like a library and people walk behind me. I have to constantly watch my back... And parking lots are the worse. If see a man on a phone i assume he is planning w someone else on the other line to kidnapp me. Or if i see others im afraid they will attack me. (my incident occured in a parking lot). I nver realized how unsafe i felt everyday until i realized im in constant fear of being attacked. In the last two weeks i haven't gotten as much flashbacks, but when i do think to that low dark scary place where i felt like a disgusting trash can, it paralysises me and i keep thinking about it, trying to fix how i should handle this as im constantly and unforuntly replaying it over and over... Im upset that im so fucked in the head. I dont know what i should do at this moment. Its intoxicating my mind. Advice please, and sorry if all of this was to much

38

Most Helpful Guy

• At this point, I would advise you seek the help of a therapist. It's vital to address these issues with the help of a mental health professional. It's awful that you went through the shit you went through. Only a trained professional can provide you the care and assistance you need going through this. I would go so far as to say this is a necessary next step.

• I have a therapist and he hasn't been helpful in this field. I care abour him and weve become friends so, im kinda embarrassed to talk to, him about this

• Yes, whatever gets you through this. Wish you all the best

• Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so sorry, my sweet angel. You are not (pardon my French) "fucked in the head," you are a sweet, wounded little bird who needs light and love, peace and understanding. You need to let other people's light into your heart to chase away the darkness; your friends, family, maybe a therapist too, to help you cope and raise your vibration.