Realizing I have syptoms of PTSD?

I opened up yesterday about my rape story (its the post before this one) and im realizing how all of this has negatively affected me in my everyday life. i didn't know it was unatural to always feel unsafe. If im in a hallway and someone is walking *behind* me even if their like 20 ft away it makes me uncofortable and triggers me to to get ready to fight theme or run and then sometines i get so panicked that i get physically exhausted after so much mental strees. I hate when im in a public place like a library and people walk behind me. I have to constantly watch my back... And parking lots are the worse. If see a man on a phone i assume he is planning w someone else on the other line to kidnapp me. Or if i see others im afraid they will attack me. (my incident occured in a parking lot). I nver realized how unsafe i felt everyday until i realized im in constant fear of being attacked. In the last two weeks i haven't gotten as much flashbacks, but when i do think to that low dark scary place where i felt like a disgusting trash can, it paralysises me and i keep thinking about it, trying to fix how i should handle this as im constantly and unforuntly replaying it over and over... Im upset that im so fucked in the head. I dont know what i should do at this moment. Its intoxicating my mind. Advice please, and sorry if all of this was to much

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• At this point, I would advise you seek the help of a therapist. It's vital to address these issues with the help of a mental health professional. It's awful that you went through the shit you went through. Only a trained professional can provide you the care and assistance you need going through this. I would go so far as to say this is a necessary next step.

0|1
    0|0
    • I have a therapist and he hasn't been helpful in this field. I care abour him and weve become friends so, im kinda embarrassed to talk to, him about this

• Show All
    • Yes, whatever gets you through this. Wish you all the best

• Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so sorry, my sweet angel. You are not (pardon my French) "fucked in the head," you are a sweet, wounded little bird who needs light and love, peace and understanding. You need to let other people's light into your heart to chase away the darkness; your friends, family, maybe a therapist too, to help you cope and raise your vibration.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• You need to work this trough via a therapy if you can't get rid of the trauma by your self and it seems so... the sooner you start working on this the better quality your life will be, don't postpone this, maybe you can even get a free therapy but even if you have to pay just go and do it, for your own good

0|0
    0|0
  • Tramaic events affect more than just the individual. However recognition of what occurred is the first step to recovery. The second is identifying the signs that cause your weakness and then accepting that it is past history.

0|0
    0|0
  • So here's the thing, you go seek a therapist and psychiatrist. Thats the typical thing to do.

However you're still fearing the unknown. The best thing to do is have plans for if the unknown actually happens. Practice them and get good at them. If you have those plans, you get a sense of security. This might help for your fear because IF it happens, you are ready to execute it and don't be afraid to. You can turn your fear into something you can control. If you practice a plan where you can turn the tides on him, you don't need to fear it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best thing to do is to get mental help and get a proper diagnosis then you can join groups where you can share your pain with others having similar trauma.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think its PTSD but I have a really bad sense of paranoia thinking someone is plotting against me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to just get to know u u r a very strong &special person

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't sound like PTSD. It sounds like you're ruminating and having paranoid fantasies. It sounds more like psychosis or paranoid schizophrenia. What's your diagnosis?

0|0
    0|0
    • i didn't mention i get flashbacks when i get triggerd too. And when i get flashbacks, i stay in the dark place of when it happend. And i haven't been to therapy in awhile so I don't know

• @creampie99 You can also go to the ER room right now and when you get out they should set you up with some out patient care. But make sure they send you to a good mental hospital because some of them can make your symptoms worse. You need do something about those paranoid fantasies. Try to not believe in those fantasies.

What Girls Said 2

• rape and violence f**k everyone up both mentaly and physically. Body can heal it self but the worst part of these incidents is healing the mind is so hard. Have you seen a therapist after you got raped? Maybe you gave up on it too soon or didn't have a therapist at all. If you can afford it please please go see a therapist. People try to heal themselves when the mental health is their problem. It's like your appendix have exploded and you trying to fix it by yourself , or fix your broken arm at home. You should get a therapist and when ever you were feelling better attend to some group therapies. You can read some stuff on internet and try to get better but having a therapist is the best advice i could give you. And have a friend to talk to about it while you're healing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have a rape crisis counselor to speak with?

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven't been happy w my therapist, lately. and i k this sounds bad but i dont have the energy to call or, get help rn

Recommended myTakes