Should I breakup with my boyfriend because his mom doesn't like me?

I met my boyfriend a year ago online. He is my first boyfriend and I'm 25. I am shy so I didn't talk too much with his parents. He told me that his mom doesn't like me and asked he to break up with me. He did not breakup with me but I feel angry and I am considering breakup with my boyfriend

2553

Most Helpful Guys

• If he doesn't defend you of those attacks you should.
    You deserve a man who likes and respect you, if his mum attacks you he must be the one who mark the limits.
    I once listened about a guy who was with a family, and the dad said he was not enough man for his little girl.
    He patiently stand all the dinner, and after talked with his girlfriend:
    I see three options here, you talk with your father, I talk with your father, we are over, choose one.

I think you are like this guy, and think that your choices aren't very different

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I will answer in parts:

1. "I met my boyfriend a year ago online. He is my first boyfriend and I'm 25. I am shy so I didn't talk too much with his parents.."

Okay, so that means you have been in a relationship with your boyfriend for 1 year now. It's fine if you are shy and you don't talk too much.

Why do you care so much about getting his mom's approval for your relationship? it it that important to you so much so that you need it for your relationship to proceed ahead?

If you are giving so much importance to this then honestly don't see any logic or rational behind this thinking. Why? that is because what is important is whether you love your boyfriend or not, what is important is if your boyfriend truly loves you or not and if this love is strong then it doesn't matter. nobody can come in between this.

Firstly, there is nothing wrong if you want your boyfriend's mom to like you and accept you, of course it feels good to be accepted and loved by your boyfriend's family members but don't make it your mission of your life. If they love and accept you, then be happy, if not it is fine. You should be who you are and what you are.

Secondly, there is a solution to every problem if all the people involved are willing to work towards a solution, hence it is only possible for you to gain the consent and likeness of his mom only if she is a reasonable person, someone who can be convinced with proper reasons. If she is like a dictator, like a hitler. Then it will be a waste of time even to try.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what his mom wants your boyfriend to do, you are 27( as per your profile), I am assuming that your boyfriend must be of your age or at least a little older to you, so as long as he doesn't give in to his mom's demand of break up you shouldn't have any problems.

Let her say anything to her son, he should be a man and should stand up to her. As long as he does this, there is no problem.

2. "He told me that his mom doesn't like me and asked he to break up with me. He did not breakup with me but I feel angry and I am considering breakup with my boyfriend"

Come on!. Please don't do that. That will be the biggest mistake you will make. You are missing the whole point here, his mom told him to break up with you, but you said yourself that he did not break up with you, right? Doesn't that indicate that you mean more to him that his mom? Doesn't that indicate that he chose you over his mom?

cont...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • cont...

Doesn't that indicate that he is standing up for what he wants in his life? Surely it is a good thing. I don't see any logic or rationale or justification behind you being angry with your boyfriend. In fact honestly speaking you are very fortunate to have a boyfriend like that.

My suggestion as a guy is please don't break up with him. This is a test of your love, if you break up with him , you will allow his mom to win because that is exactly what his mom wants, she wants him to break up with you but it doesn't matter if you break up with him either because either way her objective would be achieved. Hence why do want to give her that victory?

Hence think about this and make the right decision.

Most Helpful Girls

• Understand, I'm such a sensitive person in real life that I probably would. Anyway, sounds like your boyfriend is a mama's boy, no offense. It's either her way or the highway and what she says goes and because he loves his mother so much, he's willing to do anything to please her.

Now, a man loving his mother a great thing and should be type of man every woman should get (unless their bad history between etc.) But not the kind that is kinda a push over. He's never going to be happy if he's always worried what his mother thinks.

So if I were you, I would give it another chance and try to prove yourself to her. If she still don't like you then that's her problem, if he can't be with you because of that then tell him goodbye.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • You are way over 21 and I am sure he is even older or a tad younger. Two adults. Unless he is living under her roof, having to follow her orders, tell him that you are not going to bother with her until she shows more respect. Then, tell him to make a choice where you fit in somewhere. Or you are long gone.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I hear your anger bit this is not the @Goddess_GaG I know.

Guess what? Mommy and Daddy don't have a say. at least you know where they stand