Whats the best way to deal with a breakup?

Whats the best way to deal with a breakup?
Updates:
Umk

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm assuming he broke up with you so you are dealing with loss.

I'd say mourn. Take a few days or a week and let yourself feel the hurt and acknowledge this has hurt you. This isn't what you wanted to happen. You are dealing with a loss. Rely on your friends. Be alone if that is what you want if not seek out your friends and spend time with them.

After you've let yourself grieve than talk about it. Tell you friends what you feel, get it out and then then go out. Go out with your friends and do things together. Don't wallow alone at home and feel sorry for yourself. Don't listen to melancholy music but listen to upbeat positive music and spend time with people.

Eventually start meeting new people.

0|1
    0|0
  • First and foremost accept the fact that it's over and whatever be the reasons believe that it happened for your own good.
    Second try to realize that your happiness isn't and wasn't because of the person who left you he just made you realize the happiness that you already had and now you should know that you can remain happy even if he is gone.
    Third try to socialize with people and try to learn a new hobby and it can be anything maybe swimming or any musical instrument totally anything it will help you to keep you busy and your mind will not wander on unnecessary thoughts.
    Fourth life goes on and it will not stop or become miserable if he is not there sure you might disagree but it's the truth so stay happy and stay strong and now that you are alone try to find an inner connection with your own soul only than you will realize the source of your true happiness.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• The quickest and most effective way to deal with a breakup and heartbreak is to cut all means of contact, get rid of anything that has sentimental value, and keep busy

People tend to dwell on what could've been , and reminisce about what used to be. But reminiscing feeds your memories and memories feed your pain. That's why it's best to remove all traces of the person from your life

The reason it's important to keep busy is because it's not time that heals your hurt , it's what you do with your time that heals it and heps you to gradually move on

0|0
    1|0
  • Listen to hardcore rap music, a few sang songs, cry it out, eat some junk food, take a walk, then dress up super pretty and think about my newfound opportunity to go a different direction in life. After that, I go take myself out somewhere and breathe. Taking it a day at a time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• surround yourself with good friends and family. people who will listen and take your mind off of someone is key. friends that will take you out, meet new people and have a good time, will be a good way to start.
    eventually, it will get better... just don't sit too long and be sad, that just makes it harder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple
    U choose it, u got it
    So move on
    Tell yourself you fucked up
    You were wrong
    You mess up

0|0
    0|0
  • Bother some, just concentrate on work or find a new activity you always wanted to do and didn't have time for. Movies, dance lessons, sports, or see family more. Rekindle a childhood dream you didn't do. Occupy time, dont think about it too much it's not healthy especially when depression works it's way in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not posting pics randomly on questions without any reason. They reduce your chances of finding some other guy to move on because doing such thing shows the level of intelligence a guy would deal with in future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let your emotions run its course, surround yourself with positivity, hang with friends or family, don’t give into bad habits and be patient, it takes time before things resume normally

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut the contact. Work out. Make your life better and solve the issues that led to breaking up in the first place. Don't lie to yourself saying the other part is the guilty one, relationships are 2 way streets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look at the negatives in him. Compare them to whats better for you in life. The grass might be better on the other side. Be grateful for what god can do for you. Dont feed the thoughts, that keep you stuck..

0|0
    0|0
  • Erase the memories the best you can. Delete photos and cut off all contact. Move on with your life as quickly as you can. The more you dwell on it the harder it is to move forward.

0|1
    0|0
  • Self-improvement. Work on things you like, eg. your hobbies. Keep yourself busy so you dont think of him much. And give yourself time. And ofc, the no contact rule will have to preside.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go fuck someone else in the first 2 weeks, it can get rid of the aftermath people have in their minds (like you feel you aren't good enough, or pretty or some other bullshit) and it gives you confidence that you still can do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say do what you have always wanted to do in the past. Hang out with friends, close relatives, or your pet if you have one. Concentrate on you, and just breathe in being yourself without adjusting to cater yourself to others for a few montha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it a good break up or bad? Either way just know that you're gonna be that much better off and it is his loss by a long shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm kind of a loner, so I either moved to another state, began drinking heavily, or found a hobby. The con is that they are all really expensive, the pro is the ability to find someone new

0|0
    0|0
  • Just move on and live your life. You are young and there are olenty if fish in the ocean to swim with.

Take your time and the right person will find you

0|0
    0|0
  • If can handle then immediately ho for another one this time not one u love but for one who love u and if can't handle then dont repeat the mistake rather focus on u aim

0|0
    0|0
  • Know you can't force someone to love you like. you love them , so try to focus on your happiness and move on,

0|0
    0|0
  • To just Live your life and move on. Work, enjoy a hobby, work out, game. Whatever you enjoy doing, do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doing something that makes you happy and realize that they're just not right for you and you'll find someone amazing ❤️

0|0
    0|0
  • Reconnect with the people who have been too busy to see.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get busy. Work, hobby, friends, sports. It works wery well. You need to be able to have no time to think about past.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Concentrate on you and try to socialize with those who can help you forget. Don't feel sorry for yourself and don't harp on the past. It just was not meant to be with him. Someone is far more amazing for a great gal who I can see from my angle.

0|2
    0|0
    • This is awesome advice (:

• It's hard to not be bothered by a past relationship but you should always try and not think about it so much

• I’ve never had an issue with breakups. Haven’t dated much but it was usually time and it just kind of ended. Been dating a guy for 7 months right now and I think I’ll be lost if we break up. He’s perfect and sweet and we talk about ending up together all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find comfort with your friends and vent to them and let them be a distraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Limit how much you mention him. Avoid people that know you as his girlfrisnd at least for a while. Work out. Do things you enjoy.

0|2
    0|0
  • Read a self-help breakup book. I did it. Helped me a lot. Read it all in one day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do stuff to get it off your mind, hangout with friends, try new hobbies, go out and have some fun!

0|0
    0|0
  • Having fun with friends... and enjoy me time...☺

0|2
    0|0
  • Ice cream and masturbation.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sleep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Abundance mentality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Upgrade yourself to 2.0 version

0|1
    0|0
  • Take better pics

0|0
    0|1
  • Psychedelics

0|0
    0|0
  • In person cause then your doing it with respect.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think she meant dealing with her and her boyfriend being broke up.

Recommended myTakes