Assault and protection order drop?

My ex and his family are BEGGING me to drop the domestic violence charges against my ex because he committed a class a misdemeanor.
Okay my ex and I keep having fights where it gets brutal to the point where he chokes me, threatens me with knife, pulls my hair dragging me, slaps me, and sadly he tries to hurt my baby bump by hitting it. I've got the police involved and he got arrested, and have to obey the protection order.
Lately he called me to ask me to drop the charges or case, and the protection order so he can see his son once he's born, and be friends with eachother for our son.
I still have feelings for my ex but still can't trust him. And I honestly think he's just being nice to me so he can use me to get his way.. I don't know.
His mom wants me to drop charges so he won't go to prison but still wants me to get a protection order.
What should I do? I'm under a lot of pressure!

36

Most Helpful Guy

• If he cares about his child he wouldn't have attempted to hurt it and its mother. There are big moments in your life that come along, where you have a chance to think before you make a terrible decision. This is one of those. Don't give this guy an inch. If you do you might end up another tragic statistic. There is nothing to suggest that he would be any different.

I should add that if he is pressuring you, either directly or through his mother, then he may already be contravening the protection order.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't drop the protection order and don't drop the charges. He needs to learn he can't get away with treating woman like that and he needs to be kept away from the children as he is dangerous to both the kid and to you. He might even kill you and prevent your child from growing up without a mother.