Assault and protection order drop?

My ex and his family are BEGGING me to drop the domestic violence charges against my ex because he committed a class a misdemeanor.
Okay my ex and I keep having fights where it gets brutal to the point where he chokes me, threatens me with knife, pulls my hair dragging me, slaps me, and sadly he tries to hurt my baby bump by hitting it. I've got the police involved and he got arrested, and have to obey the protection order.
Lately he called me to ask me to drop the charges or case, and the protection order so he can see his son once he's born, and be friends with eachother for our son.
I still have feelings for my ex but still can't trust him. And I honestly think he's just being nice to me so he can use me to get his way.. I don't know.
His mom wants me to drop charges so he won't go to prison but still wants me to get a protection order.
What should I do? I'm under a lot of pressure!

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If he cares about his child he wouldn't have attempted to hurt it and its mother. There are big moments in your life that come along, where you have a chance to think before you make a terrible decision. This is one of those. Don't give this guy an inch. If you do you might end up another tragic statistic. There is nothing to suggest that he would be any different.

I should add that if he is pressuring you, either directly or through his mother, then he may already be contravening the protection order.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't drop the protection order and don't drop the charges. He needs to learn he can't get away with treating woman like that and he needs to be kept away from the children as he is dangerous to both the kid and to you. He might even kill you and prevent your child from growing up without a mother.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Personally myself if he done that I would keep it the protection order I hate to say it I know how it is not to be in contact with your children the only way I would do it with if he got help all he's going to get us some anger management classes not prison

0|0
    0|0
  • Its telling that he's being nice, only once his own wellbeing is threatened. The same thing happened to my sister, and she went through with it. I'd reccommend you do the same, even if it is hard. He DID try to even hurt your baby after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • DO. NOT. DROP. IT.

Dude is a massive piece of shit, is extremely abusive, and is a dangerous individual all around. He does not deserve compassion in this case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't cave in! It won't stop after your son is born. If anything it shows you can be bullied and it will only get worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make him prove himself trust can't be earned overnight and its even harder after youv already lost it once

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Once charges have been already posted, the authorities are in charge now. There is nothing you can do. Ex sounds like a loose cannon who can't be trusted and with court, watched visits from child welfare, should be instilled so he can at least see his child. He should also be ordered to go to anger management and a good doctor for help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not drop the charges my angel, you need to protect yourself first. He could hurt someone else!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes