Why does ex reach out to you?

I broke up with my ex about 3 months ago, we were together for 3 months, and the relationship ended with him forcing me to say breakup first by keeping canceling our plans to meet. So after I sent him a breakup message I had not relied upon or talked to him at all, although he sent me several texts agreeing our breakup and still wanted to stay in touch. But I ignored them all.

Now I'm dating a lovely guy who likes me very very much, we have been together for 2 months already, and he is very serious with me and wants to commit to me. Then I can see the difference between a guy who likes you and the guy who doesn't, so I deleted my ex's contact number. But yesterday, he suddenly reaches out to me and said he wants to chat with me, I blocked him.

Of course staying with my new boyfriend is the best decision to make, but this thing really bothers me. I don't know what are the reasons ex wants to reach out to you out of blue, and clearly, I get mad because I cannot fully get over with my resentment of him. It is not fair for my boyfriend now. I don't know what to think of this, and how to deal with this feeling.
Why does ex reach out to you?
1
2