Is it safe to say women get over heart break faster than men?

Just something I've recently noticed. The women I talk to can be in relationships for years, go through a terrible break up, and be in love with someone else a couple months later. While the men can take a couple years before getting into another relationship. Why is this?
I understand this is an extreme generality, but you can't tell me you haven't noticed women that women have an easier time at least finding someone else to ease the pain

5472

Most Helpful Girls

• GOD NO! Not true at all I've been trying to get over certain guy's for years and I still feel a little bit of hurt every time I see them. It's just the female ego will like to pretend we don't care and we can just go get another man because we're secretly hurt and don't want guys to know about it

• It may seem that way for you, it's surely not that clear on our end. I see the opposite mostly. :)
    Your question did get me to look back and see what I did myself. I'm actually the one taking years between my partners.

I do have a theory though, and that is when a woman finally ends a relationship/break up/divorce; she's already been in the process for a long time. She's tried different things, exhausted her options. Once she breaks up/end/divorce.. She's done.

At least, that is how it's been for me when I have ended relationships.

Most Helpful Guys

• I would like to make one major point... getting into a new relationship does NOT mean that you have moved on just as not being in a new relationship is no indication of a failure to move on. No I don't think women get over heartbreak faster than men. I think it usually hurts more for women and new relationships are a coping mechanism. It's easier to forget the pain by replacing it with something that makes you feel good. For guys a bad relationship can either make them reflect on it, or leave a bad taste in their mouth that makes them avoid relationships for a time. Or they realize they aren't ready for a relationship and decide not to focus on trying to find one. So... yeah all of those are possibilities.

• What I've seen in many cases is that, when someone comes out of a relationship and dives straight into a new one it's because it was pre-planned. Don't ever think it's random, it was planned while being in the relationship at the time.

The person will never admit it and most likely try hide it but once you start piecing things together you'll see over time this hasn't happened over night...

But anyways
    It's not just solely one gender, everyone does it!

• Very true. Guys should never think they are the only one because they rarely are.