Should I contact my ex? Is that even a good idea?

It's been over 5 months now and my ex and I haven't spoken or contacted each other since the break up. It wasn't a horrible break up but it wasn't on mutual agreement. In fact, he was the one who broke up with me. I was a mess after the break up, but I've gotten a lot better but it's still a constant emotional battle.

I don't want him back, and I don't want to cause drama. I just want to say a few things to him with some closing words. Like how I appreciated him being there for me during the time we were together so nothing nasty. But.. rumor has it, he's seeing someone now.

And to be honest, I don't know if I even have the guts to without feeling my heart being torn apart. Should I contact my ex? If I should, is email or a phone call better?

51

Most Helpful Guy

• He is an ex for a reason, if he hasn't contacted you he's not into you, move on see other people...

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• I'd suggest a call if *anything*. I agree with the suggestion not to do so from the user below me. But if you feel its completely necessary, a call would be better. Emails can be kept & could cause drama.

• Absolutely not. You know the real reasons you want to talk to him even if you don't want to admit them to yourself, you can't let him go. You're only going to hurt yourself contacting him. The best case scenario is that he will be pleasant to you on the phone but your heart will still be torn to shreds all over again. There are way too many worst case scenarios to list.

• Thanks for mentioning "the real reasons." You're completely right. I don't see much good coming from me doing that. But I will admit that the one thing I really do want is closure.

• I think a simple phone call to your ex couldn't hurt, although if he doesn't want to talk, don't smother him. Make sure that the phone call is only to make closure, and nothing else. If a phone call seems too personal, then an email would be fine too.

• Yea, I'm really worried about smothering him and making it awkward if I do decide to contact him.

• I know from experience that you will feel bad after you have seen him. Send him an e-mail with what you want to say to him - it will be a relief!

• dont do it...