Would you get back with a guy who called you a slut?

I broke up with my boyfriend back in June. He begged me to stay with him, but I just wasn't in love with him anymore.

After he knew it was completely over, I heard from people that he called me a slut because I have slept with a lot more guys than he has girls. He told people he thought I'd cheated on him and he thought it was "disgusting" how many one night stands I'd had. I know he definitely told people, because I had numerous people tell me.

I miss him and we are starting to talk again, can I forgive him for what he called me?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course you can forgive him, if you really want to, but it doesn't sound like he really respects you. How could he, to say something like that? I think the best way to see if you can overcome this would be to have a proper conversation about it. You should see whether what he says is satisfactory, and base your decision on that. But I'm not sure how he could justify saying something like that. If he doesn't respect you deep down that will only manifest itself with disrespectful behavior towards you further on in the relationship. You should have high standards for a partner.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like he was just upset about the break-up and reacted badly to being dumped. I personally wouldn't get back with an ex simply because when it's over, it's over and I don't want to get sucked into a back and forth relationship.

• Maybe he just was a little bitter ...you may forgive him ,but ask him if he really has a problem with your one night stands that you had.