The no contact rule - does it work?

So I got dumped quite suddenly, 8 days ago. To be honest I was the typical ex text him few times since now I have stopped as I realized it wasn't helping me. I really felt there was something there and we split over petty issues, it was one of those everythig was OK and then it just seemed to get to much. Tried to talk but I think I got too over emotional and smothered him with how upset I was as he was OK then seemed to freak and just break things off. He said he wanted to be friends and if I text he would text back... But I am basically in love with him. Is there any hope at all. Does the no contact rule work? Its hard with facebook/facebook chat too. I haven't contacted him since monday. Help!

So its Friday I did it the no contact thing, feel entirely crap! Please tell me it gets easier! Is he missing me yet ? This is so painful!

32

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion the no contact rule is the only rule you should follow after a break up. When my ex broke up with me I was a mess, but then after a few weeks of no contact I felt so much better, and my ex was then the one freaking out... wondering what was going on in my life.

• How hard was it it is literally killing me! its been 10 days now, another weekend hoping to get drunken texts and ensuring I dont. Did you really struggle?

• its hard at frist... because you are so used to having them in you life but the thing is, your ex probably feels the same way you do. the best thing to do is keep yourself busy and it will get much easier

What Guys Said 2

• No Contact is not a way to make the other person miss you or force them to realize what they lost. No Contact is a way for YOU to move on and start getting comfortable with the idea of being alone. if you're using No Contact to try and get him to text/call you, you're doing it wrong.

• It works, but there is a right way to do it..and when you get too emotional and smothering, you dug yourself into a bigger hole. So you need more of a game plan now to make things work..I got good tips from this girl ==> link

What Girls Said 2

• Keep doing what you're doing. I know how hard not initiating a conversation with him is, but if he wants to contact you, he will. It sucks, but it's a lot easier to move on if you're not still talking to them :)

• I know this is 5 months old, but if you see this could you give an update of 5 months down the road? My situation is similar to yours, and I'm wondering how mine will turn out. It's only been a couple of weeks for me, and no contact is the hardest thing I've ever done.