Ways to overcome heartbreak?

A man I had feelings for walked out of my life and the pain I have been feeling is absolutely awful. The way he walked out of my life is the absolute worst. Never been left that way.
I just want to feel like myself again. I haven’t been eating much, sleeping less, etc.

Any helpful tips on how to lessen the pain of a heartbreak?
Updates:
Wow! The amount of amazing opinions and tips I am getting from you people, is just amazing. Thank you all for your kind sweet words.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've been there before. Honestly, you can't do much about it. Time really does heal. What you can do is get rid of anything that reminds you of him and distract yourself. Have a girls night or do something that you're really passionate about. What people never tell you however is how to deal with the thoughts when they come along. When you think of him just say this to yourself: "Mel, you are 23 years old and are extremely gorgeous. This wasn't your best experience, but it's one you will learn from. Chin up because there are so many more guys out there." If you need to know anything else, feel free to message me. I wish you the best!❤

1|0
    0|0
    • This opinion is everything! Thank you so much for your kind words. I will definitely pm you if I need to ask anything else.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Friends hobbies and time... You need to reconnect with you again, do the things that made you happy, and whilst it is at its worst, make sure U r not alone, keep yourself busy, it will get worse before it gets better, but give it some time and you will move on feeling stronger than ever. Good luck :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. Very helpful.

I tried reading again (my favorite hobby of all time) and I couldn’t do it. I’m scared that I can’t go back to being myself like I used to. Hopefully it’s just a phase

• Show All
    • Sure thing :)

• :) I wish you all the best, and remember to stay strong, and true to who you are... I'm off to bed now.. night :)

• I don't know. When someone suddenly cuts ties with me like that, it just means they were an asshole all along and I was just blind to it. So I don't usually feel broken hearted when something like that happens. Why should I feel bad when the other person is the asshole?

1|0
    0|0
    • That is exactly what happened. The other person cut ties with me like all we had meant nothing for him. I even wrote him a letter pouring my heart out and he didn’t even say anything back or opened it. I am in shock tbh. I cried all last night

• Show All
    • I agree, thanks again for your input

• Not a problem. You'll feel better in time, so until then just stay strong.

• I hope you're okay. Usually exercising helps with stress and low self esteem. But surrounding yourself with happy good friends always takes your mind off things. Follow me if you needed to have a chat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Aww
    Talk to guys whom you find interesting, just to convince yourself that there are plenty of better men out there. Embrace your heartbreak, the world breaks everyone and afterward we are strong at the broken places.
    I have never been heartbroken, now I'm worried my heart might be too weak when it does happen 🤔

2|0
    0|0
  • This I take it was the guy you wanted to take to the commitment level?
    I know you feel vunerable but thats how you know it was real for you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes it was him.

• One does not feel this way just for a goid friend. There is more to your story. But I feel for you. Wish I could wave a wand and warm your heart but I'm no better than you are at healing broken hearts.

• I can understand ur feeling. I have suffered from this recently. Still some traces of back incednts affects my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go on a “finding yourself” vacation. Get away from your routine. Go see new people, different perspectives, live life somewhere else, even if it’s just for a week. To refocus. Because the only way to work on a problem is to go through it

1|0
    0|0
  • Scientifically speaking anyone will recover from a break up within 6 months... But u just need to be more social and talking to people... make new friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Cut all communications.

Gather your friends for a night out.
    Or Hit they gym,
    Never put a vacant time because it'll make you think of him more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to keep busy. I appreciate the invite but since I never been in a relationship, I don't know the pain of being left

1|0
    0|0
  • I always use hard drugs when I feel sad. But only for a few weeks or months.

0|0
    0|0
  • What did he give you that you miss? Like feelings related

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep busy and take one day at a time

1|0
    0|0
  • Party
    Chocolate
    Have fun

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Wish I had some help for you, but I'm still dealing with mine leaving me too, the pain is beyond description... hope your strong than I am though

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your kind words

• No problem, maybe if you do get some good tips & they work you could share with me too, the pain is I don't even know ha

Recommended myTakes